Need help with docker-compose setup and action server

Hi, I’m trying to deploy my rasa chatbot with docker. It’s mostly going alright, but the action server is not able able to make requests to external services when deployed through docker. I tried exposing ports, but it doesn’t seem to work properly. Any ideas?

docker-compose (action_server_section):

action_server:
build:
  context: ./action_server
  dockerfile: Dockerfile
  args: 
    - sharedpath=/app/shared
networks: ['rasa-network']
ports: 
- "5055:5055"
- "51765"

and the docker file

compose yml along with the official server.
FROM rasa/rasa-sdk:latest

ARG sharedpath

ENV PYTHONPATH="$PYTHONPATH:$sharedpath"

RUN pip install --no-cache-dir fuzzywuzzy[speedup]
RUN pip install --no-cache-dir python-dateutil

Can you elaborate on what services it cannot reach? With docker you would only need to expose ports you want to reach from outside docker that are running on it. This wouldn’t really include any external API calls or anything you need to make.

I haven’t had any issues making any basic API calls to any external services so far with a custom action server. If you want to elaborate more on the services that aren’t working you are trying to call I can assist.

Thanks

Thanks for responding ^^

The server I’m trying to reach is a local graphql service (http://localhost:51765/graphql). Trying to connect to it in docker spits out the following error which I assume it due to the port being closed:

ERROR - No connection available HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', 
 port=51765): Max retries exceeded with url: /graphql (Caused by 
 NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f1ae9fde080>: Failed to 
 establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))