Missing API endpoints in the documentation

Hello everyone,

To make the maintenance of my chatbot easier I use the Rasa X API to get statistics about the chatbot usage and make some charts. But while running my script today I got errors and I realized that the http request to get all the NLU samples still returns a 200 status code but no data.

url = HOST + "/api/projects/default/training_examples"
r = requests.get(url, headers={"Authorization": f"Bearer {access_token}"})
r.raise_for_status()
print(r.status_code, r.json())

β†’ 200 []

The script has not changed since the last run that worked and the chatbot versions of rasa and rasa X have not been updated recently.
Rasa version: 2.8.15
Rasa X version: 1.0.1 (installed with docker-compose)

When I went to check the documentation I saw that many endpoints I use are no longer listed but still work in my script and nothing is indicated in the changelogs, for example :

• /api/conversations β†’ GET: return all conversations
  • /api/conversations/<conv_id> β†’ DELETE: delete a conversation
  • /api/conversations/<conv_id>/messages β†’ GET: return all messages of a conversation
  • /api/projects/default/intents β†’ GET: return all chatbot intents
  • /api/conversations/<conv_id>/data-tags β†’ GET return tags of a conversation (there is only the POST request to set tags listed in the doc for this endpoint but the GET request still works)
  • and several others …

Have these endpoints become deprecated and the documentation is not up to date? Or could the problem come from my chatbot or script ?

Thanks in advance if someone has information about this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice catch

I suggest posting an issue on GitHub

1 Like

I hope I did it correctly: Missing Rasa X API endpoints in documentation Β· Issue #11044 Β· RasaHQ/rasa Β· GitHub

2 Likes