Keep responding default action

I am working on kind of Inventory Manager Bot. For the first conversation everything is fine. But, when I start over, it’s a repeating same default response. If I restart rasa then it’s only ok for first conversation !

When I checked on interactive shell, it detect intent correctly but action is default. So, what things I am missing right now ?! Please anyone facing this issue before then share the reason. Thank you.

shivangpatel@shivangpatel:~/0n1/xchatboat$ rasa shell
2019-07-11 18:44:27 INFO     root  - Generating grammar tables from /usr/lib/python3.6/lib2to3/Grammar.txt
2019-07-11 18:44:27 INFO     root  - Generating grammar tables from /usr/lib/python3.6/lib2to3/PatternGrammar.txt
2019-07-11 18:44:27 INFO     root  - Starting Rasa Core server on http://localhost:5005
Bot loaded. Type a message and press enter (use '/stop' to exit): 
Your input ->  hello                                                                                            
Hello! I am inventory manager! How can I help?
Your input ->  total sales please                                                                               
what location or city?
Your input ->  valsad                                                                                           
sales info is : 
That's all I have about weather for you. Enjoy !
Your input ->  Hi                                                                                               
sorry, I didn't understand you, please try input something else
Your input ->  hello                                                                                            
Your input ->  sales                                                                                            
Your input ->

I have kinda the same problem as you. After testing a little bit i noticed a few patterns that break the bot (or at least my bot):

• Try an intent more than once: I have a greet intent, and if i try input hello twice -> the bot failed
  • If i’m in middle of a path (or conversation) and i try to input an intent in a different path -> the bot failed (which is understandable i guess, since we train it with stories)
  • Finish a conversation and start over but with different path -> the bot failed
  • Finish a conversation and start over with the same path -> sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t (depends on the path)

Basically i feel like the bot has to follow the stories very strictly, which make it feel kinda fragile. Yes the users probably won’t enter hello twice, but if the bot fails just because they do then that’s just kinda unsatisfied.

I’m new to rasa so probably there is something i did not do right in order for the bot to works better. Hope we can get some help on this.

1 Like

@fuih I got one simple solution for my issue. it’s a action_restart. I need to call it after once conversation is ended. On command line it’s almost solve my issue. but still I need to test it will more use cases.

1 Like

@fuih check out this github link also. How to restart a new session after the first conversation completion · Issue #3103 · RasaHQ/rasa · GitHub

1 Like

Inventory manager bot sounds interesting to me, at least I could have an easy way to maintain my basement inventory :slight_smile: have you got progress there? Can you share? Thanks!

How to call it