Issues in installing Rasa alpha version 2.0.0.a2 in Windows setup with Python version 3.7.9

Hi @koaning I ve started the new thread here with the results I get in installing the alpha version and also how I had been able to install the already existing 1.10 without issues.Please do let me know as to how to handle issue and install the alpha version too in a similar fashion !

Regards Martina

I think we’ve found ourselves a bug. On a non-windows system the sys.version call lists two lines which is why we never saw this bug before. I’ll investigate it a bit further and let you know. I think it’s an issue we gotta fix in the next release.

Okay @koaning Vincent! Thanks !

And also I get this issue when using 1.10

Shared with CloudApp

This issue has been raised already but just wanted to know if this has been closed as I get this again

Regards, Martina

1 Like

@martinavalogia I can’t say for sure what is happening on that second issue that you posted because it is a part of the code-base that I am not familiar with.

I have opened up a GitHub ticket about the rasa --version issue here: Rasa --version now breaks on Windows · Issue #6496 · RasaHQ/rasa · GitHub.

@martinavalogia what version of Windows are you using? Windows 10? Got a precise version? It seems that this bug somehow passed our unit tests despite also testing on Windows.

Also, can you confirm that the ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected2, got 1)-error only occurs when calling rasa --version and not during the installation of Rasa2.0.0a2?

@koaning -The version of Windows I use is Microsoft Windows build 1809 and this Value error I get that after installation of Rasa2.0.0a2 and after checking to see if the installation has been done for the corresponding version.Instead of getting the version number Rasa2.0.0.a2 I get this value error ! The other thing I faced was incompatility issues for tensor flow. I ve got the below results after giving rasa init.I ve been able to train and talk to my moodbot without any trouble

Shared with CloudApp

Shared with CloudApp

Shared with CloudApp

Shared with CloudApp

Shared with CloudApp

Shared with CloudApp

Shared with CloudApp

Shared with CloudApp

@koaning -Okay, I ve reproduced the issue in the ticket raised !

Same issue here. No problems in using RASA 2.0 so far, but checking for rasa --version gave this traceback of Value Error. I use Windows 10 Pro.

The issues with numpy and et al can be cleared up by doing a fresh install for RASA in a new environment with these specific package versions highlighted, like ‘pip install numpy==1.16.0 rasa.’

I’m working on a PR for a fix here.

1 Like

Hi Vincent. I made a PR[#7064] for this. Instead of parsing the sys.version, I tried platform.python_version()

Hi , I am getting this issue while trying to install Rasa 2.0.0 in Windows version 10.How can this be resolved ? With Python version 3.7.7 on Windows 10 got the below issue

Shared with CloudApp

Therefore I have reinstalled Python 3.6 to resolve the tensor flow issue ,now facing this

Shared with CloudApp

any suggestions on how to resolve this

Setting up Rasa 2.0 on a windows 10 setup using Python 3.6

Thanks in advance

Use any of the websocket versions explicitly specified while installing, that should do it.