Impossible to initialize a rasa project

Hello everyone,

RASA: latest version Tensorflow: 1.14.0

I’ve just installed the latest version of Rasa and why I use the command: rasa init --no-prompt, i receive a error message like this :

AttributeError: module ‘tensorflow.python.util.compat’ has no attribute ‘v1’

Does someone have an idea to help ? Thank you, Olivier

hi @olivierdpn, what python version do you have? can you post the full traceback?

Hi, was this ever resolved? Could you advise how?

@Ulii if you are running into a similar issue, it would be great if you could also post the full traceback, python version, and rasa version so I can help you get past it :slight_smile:

Sure. We are trying to install rasa-x on python3 3.6.8. We are installing with cmd pip3 install rasa-x --extra-index-url https://pypi.rasa.com/simple so assume this is the latest version.

rasa init

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/rasa", line 11, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())

File "/home/r/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/__main__.py", line 69, in main
    set_log_level(log_level)

File "/home/r/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/utils/common.py", line 68, in set_log_level
    update_tensorflow_log_level()

File "/home/r/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/utils/common.py", line 105, in update_tensorflow_log_level
    tf_log_level = tf.compat.v1.logging.ERROR
AttributeError: module 'tensorflow.python.util.compat' has no attribute 'v1'

Can you please post the output of

pip list | grep rasa

and

pip list | grep tensorflow

Hi @Uli, I succeed to resolve my problem downloading the newest version of Rasa core and nlu. I hope you succeed as well :slight_smile:

Hi, finally we could not resolve due to the server that the hypver-v was running on was not providing intel avx. We have now switched to a newer server and it works.

Thx for your responses. Best Regards!