ImportError with rasa init

Hello! I’m attempting to play with Rasa 1.3.7 on an Ubuntu 16.04 VM, by following along with the installation instructions for virtual environments. When I perform the rasa init, I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/home/umd_pad/anaconda2/bin/rasa”, line 10, in sys.exit(main()) File “/home/umd_pad/anaconda2/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/main.py”, line 69, in main set_log_level(log_level) File “/home/umd_pad/anaconda2/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/utils/common.py”, line 68, in set_log_level update_tensorflow_log_level() File “/home/umd_pad/anaconda2/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/utils/common.py”, line 87, in update_tensorflow_log_level import tensorflow as tf File “/home/umd_pad/anaconda2/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/init.py”, line 24, in from tensorflow.python import pywrap_tensorflow # pylint: disable=unused-import ImportError: cannot import name ‘pywrap_tensorflow’

Some things I’ve tried, based on different, but seemingly related issues I’ve found in the course of googling:

Uninstalling and reinstalling TensorFlow 1.14.0 Uninstalling TensorFlow 1.14.0 and reinstalling various 1.13.* Exiting the virtual environment and installing/running everything from the base environment. Multiple reinstallations of Rasa running rasa init with and without the “no-prompt” flage

Has anyone else experienced this error?

Make sure you’re not importing tensorflow in a command line interface running inside a directory named tensorflow i.e. just make sure you’re not inside the tensorflow directory or inside a directory that has a tensorflow package saved.