Getting error with "rasa init"

Hello,

“pip install rasa” command was successful for me, however I got issue with “rasa init”. Can you help me resolving the issue. The error log is following:

(base) C:\WINDOWS\system32>rasa init Traceback (most recent call last): File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tensorflow_core\python\pywrap_tensorflow.py”, line 58, in from tensorflow.python.pywrap_tensorflow_internal import * File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tensorflow_core\python\pywrap_tensorflow_internal.py”, line 28, in _pywrap_tensorflow_internal = swig_import_helper() File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tensorflow_core\python\pywrap_tensorflow_internal.py”, line 24, in swig_import_helper _mod = imp.load_module(’_pywrap_tensorflow_internal’, fp, pathname, description) File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\imp.py”, line 242, in load_module return load_dynamic(name, filename, file) File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\imp.py”, line 342, in load_dynamic return _load(spec) ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last): File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\runpy.py”, line 193, in run_module_as_main “main”, mod_spec) File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\runpy.py”, line 85, in run_code exec(code, run_globals) File "d:\Profiles\vshrivastava\Anaconda3\Scripts\rasa.exe_main.py", line 7, in File "d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\rasa_main.py", line 82, in main set_log_level(log_level) File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\rasa\utils\common.py”, line 71, in set_log_level update_tensorflow_log_level() File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\rasa\utils\common.py”, line 112, in update_tensorflow_log_level import tensorflow as tf File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tensorflow_init_.py”, line 101, in from tensorflow_core import * File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tensorflow_core_init_.py”, line 40, in from tensorflow.python.tools import module_util as module_util File "d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tensorflow_init.py", line 50, in getattr module = self.load() File "d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tensorflow_init.py", line 44, in _load module = importlib.import_module(self.name) File "d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\importlib_init.py", line 127, in import_module return _bootstrap.gcd_import(name[level:], package, level) File "d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tensorflow_core\python_init.py", line 49, in from tensorflow.python import pywrap_tensorflow File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tensorflow_core\python\pywrap_tensorflow.py”, line 74, in raise ImportError(msg) ImportError: Traceback (most recent call last): File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tensorflow_core\python\pywrap_tensorflow.py”, line 58, in from tensorflow.python.pywrap_tensorflow_internal import * File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tensorflow_core\python\pywrap_tensorflow_internal.py”, line 28, in _pywrap_tensorflow_internal = swig_import_helper() File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tensorflow_core\python\pywrap_tensorflow_internal.py”, line 24, in swig_import_helper _mod = imp.load_module(’_pywrap_tensorflow_internal’, fp, pathname, description) File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\imp.py”, line 242, in load_module return load_dynamic(name, filename, file) File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\imp.py”, line 342, in load_dynamic return _load(spec) ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Failed to load the native TensorFlow runtime.

See Build and install error messages  |  TensorFlow

for some common reasons and solutions. Include the entire stack trace above this error message when asking for help.

(base) C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Hello @vijayendra,

first, welcome! :grin:

Can you check into the file “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\imp.py”, line 342, in load_dynamic return _load(spec) ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found. wich DLL is it looking for?

Wich the DLL name we can have a better understanding of what is missing.

Cya!

Hello

Thanks for response I installed Anaconda 3.7 from anaconda site and then followed the steps mentioned on rasa tutorials. I am not able to find the DLL.

If anyone of you have steps which were successful, please tell me I can starte again from installing anaconda or python.

@vijayendra

wich DLL is it looking for on file “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\imp.py” at line 342?

Thanks for your help. All this is new to me. I am not able to understand it. Following the content of this file. Tell me if it makes sense to you:

“”"This module provides the components needed to build your own import function. Undocumented functions are obsolete.

In most cases it is preferred you consider using the importlib module’s functionality over this module.

“”"

(Probably) need to stay in _imp

from _imp import (lock_held, acquire_lock, release_lock, get_frozen_object, is_frozen_package, init_frozen, is_builtin, is_frozen, _fix_co_filename) try: from _imp import create_dynamic except ImportError: # Platform doesn’t support dynamic loading. create_dynamic = None

from importlib._bootstrap import _ERR_MSG, _exec, _load, _builtin_from_name from importlib._bootstrap_external import SourcelessFileLoader

from importlib import machinery from importlib import util import importlib import os import sys import tokenize import types import warnings

warnings.warn("the imp module is deprecated in favour of importlib; " “see the module’s documentation for alternative uses”, DeprecationWarning, stacklevel=2)

DEPRECATED

SEARCH_ERROR = 0 PY_SOURCE = 1 PY_COMPILED = 2 C_EXTENSION = 3 PY_RESOURCE = 4 PKG_DIRECTORY = 5 C_BUILTIN = 6 PY_FROZEN = 7 PY_CODERESOURCE = 8 IMP_HOOK = 9

def new_module(name): “”"DEPRECATED

Create a new module.

The module is not entered into sys.modules.

"""
return types.ModuleType(name)

def get_magic(): “”"DEPRECATED

Return the magic number for .pyc files.
"""
return util.MAGIC_NUMBER

def get_tag(): “”“Return the magic tag for .pyc files.”"" return sys.implementation.cache_tag

def cache_from_source(path, debug_override=None): “”"DEPRECATED

Given the path to a .py file, return the path to its .pyc file.

The .py file does not need to exist; this simply returns the path to the
.pyc file calculated as if the .py file were imported.

If debug_override is not None, then it must be a boolean and is used in
place of sys.flags.optimize.

If sys.implementation.cache_tag is None then NotImplementedError is raised.

"""
with warnings.catch_warnings():
    warnings.simplefilter('ignore')
    return util.cache_from_source(path, debug_override)

def source_from_cache(path): “”"DEPRECATED

Given the path to a .pyc. file, return the path to its .py file.

The .pyc file does not need to exist; this simply returns the path to
the .py file calculated to correspond to the .pyc file.  If path does
not conform to PEP 3147 format, ValueError will be raised. If
sys.implementation.cache_tag is None then NotImplementedError is raised.

"""
return util.source_from_cache(path)

def get_suffixes(): “”“DEPRECATED”"" extensions = [(s, ‘rb’, C_EXTENSION) for s in machinery.EXTENSION_SUFFIXES] source = [(s, ‘r’, PY_SOURCE) for s in machinery.SOURCE_SUFFIXES] bytecode = [(s, ‘rb’, PY_COMPILED) for s in machinery.BYTECODE_SUFFIXES]

return extensions + source + bytecode

class NullImporter:

"""**DEPRECATED**

Null import object.

"""

def __init__(self, path):
    if path == '':
        raise ImportError('empty pathname', path='')
    elif os.path.isdir(path):
        raise ImportError('existing directory', path=path)

def find_module(self, fullname):
    """Always returns None."""
    return None

class _HackedGetData:

"""Compatibility support for 'file' arguments of various load_*()
functions."""

def __init__(self, fullname, path, file=None):
    super().__init__(fullname, path)
    self.file = file

def get_data(self, path):
    """Gross hack to contort loader to deal w/ load_*()'s bad API."""
    if self.file and path == self.path:
        # The contract of get_data() requires us to return bytes. Reopen the
        # file in binary mode if needed.
        if not self.file.closed:
            file = self.file
            if 'b' not in file.mode:
                file.close()
        if self.file.closed:
            self.file = file = open(self.path, 'rb')

with file:
            return file.read()
    else:
        return super().get_data(path)

class _LoadSourceCompatibility(_HackedGetData, machinery.SourceFileLoader):

"""Compatibility support for implementing load_source()."""

def load_source(name, pathname, file=None): loader = _LoadSourceCompatibility(name, pathname, file) spec = util.spec_from_file_location(name, pathname, loader=loader) if name in sys.modules: module = _exec(spec, sys.modules[name]) else: module = _load(spec) # To allow reloading to potentially work, use a non-hacked loader which # won’t rely on a now-closed file object. module.loader = machinery.SourceFileLoader(name, pathname) module.spec.loader = module.loader return module

class _LoadCompiledCompatibility(_HackedGetData, SourcelessFileLoader):

"""Compatibility support for implementing load_compiled()."""

def load_compiled(name, pathname, file=None): “”“DEPRECATED”"" loader = _LoadCompiledCompatibility(name, pathname, file) spec = util.spec_from_file_location(name, pathname, loader=loader) if name in sys.modules: module = _exec(spec, sys.modules[name]) else: module = _load(spec) # To allow reloading to potentially work, use a non-hacked loader which # won’t rely on a now-closed file object. module.loader = SourcelessFileLoader(name, pathname) module.spec.loader = module.loader return module

def load_package(name, path): “”“DEPRECATED”"" if os.path.isdir(path): extensions = (machinery.SOURCE_SUFFIXES[:] + machinery.BYTECODE_SUFFIXES[:]) for extension in extensions: init_path = os.path.join(path, ‘init’ + extension) if os.path.exists(init_path): path = init_path break else: raise ValueError(’{!r} is not a package’.format(path)) spec = util.spec_from_file_location(name, path, submodule_search_locations=[]) if name in sys.modules: return _exec(spec, sys.modules[name]) else: return _load(spec)

def load_module(name, file, filename, details): “”"DEPRECATED

Load a module, given information returned by find_module().

The module name must include the full package name, if any.

"""
suffix, mode, type_ = details
if mode and (not mode.startswith(('r', 'U')) or '+' in mode):
    raise ValueError('invalid file open mode {!r}'.format(mode))
elif file is None and type_ in {PY_SOURCE, PY_COMPILED}:
    msg = 'file object required for import (type code {})'.format(type_)
    raise ValueError(msg)
elif type_ == PY_SOURCE:
    return load_source(name, filename, file)
elif type_ == PY_COMPILED:
    return load_compiled(name, filename, file)
elif type_ == C_EXTENSION and load_dynamic is not None:
    if file is None:
        with open(filename, 'rb') as opened_file:
            return load_dynamic(name, filename, opened_file)
    else:
        return load_dynamic(name, filename, file)
elif type_ == PKG_DIRECTORY:
    return load_package(name, filename)
elif type_ == C_BUILTIN:
    return init_builtin(name)
elif type_ == PY_FROZEN:
    return init_frozen(name)
else:
    msg =  "Don't know how to import {} (type code {})".format(name, type_)
    raise ImportError(msg, name=name)

def find_module(name, path=None): “”"DEPRECATED

Search for a module.

If path is omitted or None, search for a built-in, frozen or special
module and continue search in sys.path. The module name cannot
contain '.'; to search for a submodule of a package, pass the
submodule name and the package's __path__.

"""
if not isinstance(name, str):
    raise TypeError("'name' must be a str, not {}".format(type(name)))
elif not isinstance(path, (type(None), list)):
    # Backwards-compatibility
    raise RuntimeError("'path' must be None or a list, "
                       "not {}".format(type(path)))

if path is None:
    if is_builtin(name):
        return None, None, ('', '', C_BUILTIN)
    elif is_frozen(name):
        return None, None, ('', '', PY_FROZEN)
    else:
        path = sys.path

for entry in path:
    package_directory = os.path.join(entry, name)
    for suffix in ['.py', machinery.BYTECODE_SUFFIXES[0]]:
        package_file_name = '__init__' + suffix
        file_path = os.path.join(package_directory, package_file_name)
        if os.path.isfile(file_path):
            return None, package_directory, ('', '', PKG_DIRECTORY)
    for suffix, mode, type_ in get_suffixes():
        file_name = name + suffix
        file_path = os.path.join(entry, file_name)
        if os.path.isfile(file_path):
            break
    else:
        continue
    break  # Break out of outer loop when breaking out of inner loop.
else:
    raise ImportError(_ERR_MSG.format(name), name=name)

encoding = None
if 'b' not in mode:
    with open(file_path, 'rb') as file:
        encoding = tokenize.detect_encoding(file.readline)[0]
file = open(file_path, mode, encoding=encoding)
return file, file_path, (suffix, mode, type_)

def reload(module): “”"DEPRECATED

Reload the module and return it.

The module must have been successfully imported before.

"""
return importlib.reload(module)

def init_builtin(name): “”"DEPRECATED

Load and return a built-in module by name, or None is such module doesn't
exist
"""
try:
    return _builtin_from_name(name)
except ImportError:
    return None

if create_dynamic: def load_dynamic(name, path, file=None): “”"DEPRECATED

Load an extension module.
    """
    import importlib.machinery
    loader = importlib.machinery.ExtensionFileLoader(name, path)

# Issue #24748: Skip the sys.modules check in _load_module_shim;
    # always load new extension
    spec = importlib.machinery.ModuleSpec(
        name=name, loader=loader, origin=path)
    return _load(spec)

else: load_dynamic = None

here 4th row from bottom is the row 342

Hello @vijayendra,

yes, did help, no prob, let’s work through it together…:wink:

Above line 342 there is this line:

before it put this line:

print(f"Trying to load: {name} -> {path}")

Pay special attention at the indentation, use spaces, and align with the reference line mentioned before.

This line you added will print on the console "Trying to load: NameOfTheDLL -> PathWhereItShouldBe", then we’ll have the details of who is missing.

Cya!

I exactly did this: if create_dynamic: def load_dynamic(name, path, file=None): “”"DEPRECATED

Load an extension module.
    """
    import importlib.machinery
print(f"Trying to load: {name} -> {path}")

# Issue #24748: Skip the sys.modules check in _load_module_shim;
    # always load new extension
    spec = importlib.machinery.ModuleSpec(
        name=name, loader=loader, origin=path)
    return _load(spec)

but I get this error File “d:\profiles\vshrivastava\anaconda3\lib\imp.py”, line 336 print(f"Trying to load: {name} -> {path}") ^ TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

I tried many things like moving spaces but It didn’t help

can we try something else

tensorflow version??

How to check

tensorflow --version in cmd or check online

here it is:

(base) C:\WINDOWS\system32>pip show tensorflow Name: tensorflow Version: 2.1.0

it can be due to wrong version if yes, please tell me the steps to upgrade or downgrade

Do you have Microsoft visual C++ ?? if you dont have then download it and try after that

Thanks for helping on this.

I have it installed on my machine

Do you have gpu installation library for tensorflow?? Cuda and CuDNN

Is it compulsory we need to have cuda and cudnn in our system.

I think it is compulsory`

Установите TensorFlow с помощью pip

you can ask to team leaders or rasa hero more about it i dont actual know the right answer

While running rasa init --no-prompt, In “Training an initial model…” message it is running for more than 12 hours and I could not see any other message or model downloaded. Is there any other way to avoid it. I tried rasa init command and I gave “no” option for model. while running rasa shell I am getting error model not found and run the command “rasa train”. I executed the command and it is running more than 12 hours no responds. Anyone know where I have went wrong. I am using python 3.7 and anaconda3 command prompt to install rasa(pip install rasa) and system is windows 10 (64 bit)