I deeply regret choosing rasa for my internship project to create a chatbot

The amount of issues I have encountered for just deploying this chatbot on kubernetes is unreal and has given me great amount of stress. I really regret using rasa, its not beginner friendly. I just wish I hadn’t picked this chatbot framework it still has a long way to go.

@aymane258

I can feel you stress and frustration. But we all are helping you at its best. If you can switch to docker based installation may be I can help you more in your project, but as you are using Kubernetes its hard to comment on that (but I tried). If one process is not giving you results. I’d suggest follow the next process but please don’t give up. We all are here to help you and make you project success.

Is you issue is resolved? Or you having some issues? Please do let me know. Thanks and keep up the good work. Good Luck!

1 Like

I agree with Nik!

I’m still there because I was the opposite of you (read my bio :slight_smile:):

Started using Rasa for my Final Year Project and have loved it ever since :slight_smile:

Rasa is very beginner friendly and has the best community, documentation, and support. In the research part of my project, I had to compare Rasa to its alternatives - Rasa was the best, without a doubt.

But when it came to deployment, it was such a mess! The docs are not clear in the way that there’s no explicit particular steps to complete - I had to jump from installation to customization, back to installation, then CDD, etc.

I chose the quick-installation method of deployment, which I recommend for beginners, and I still had do much issues - I had to learn Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm which I knew nothing about! But Rasa itself, was so easy to use.

I blame Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm, not Rasa, even though the deployment docs could be clearer and more informative.

Just don’t give up! I was at the same place as you are now and got one of the highest grades! :slight_smile: