How to run rasa-x on the mac?

@ganeshv From the Rasa X docs:

For Rasa X to correctly visualize and modify your AI assistant’s data, your project needs to follow the default Rasa Open Source project layout created by rasa init

Okay. I think I understand what you are after now. Why are there different environments with the same bot though?

That is a great question as well and I realized I didn’t clarify this earlier. :slight_smile:

I’m looking to deploy as an agency, the same bot to multiple test environments. These multiple environments have nearly identical use cases so the same bot would work. There are a couple of local configurations (like differences in timezone, etc.) for those environments that differ which I’m handling through a slight modification in the build process (but the NER and dialog management portion will continue to remain consistent). The agency will fully own these test environments.

The other important reason is that it distributes the tracking of usable conversations across multiple test environments; so conversations happening in environment A will improve the bot for environments A and B.

@ganeshv Gotcha. You can definitely use rasa export to add all of the conversations to one Rasa X instance. I have not verified this, but you also might be able to connect multiple existing Rasa deployments to one Rasa X instance :thinking:

Thanks @tyd! I’ll try to verify if this setup is stable and confirm.

@tyd couple more questions -

1. In your webinar, you had mentioned that, right now the integrated version control does not support any other file setup. The only support setup involves a single nlu.md, a single stories.md file. Is there anything in the works that allows us to use integrated version control for a consistent file structure that breaks nlu and stories file into modules?

2. Within Rasa X, is it possible to compare evaluation metrics for different pipelines?

Can’t thank you enough for your help here, Ty!

Hey @ganeshv. Happy to help :slight_smile:

1. We have added this capability. Split nlu.md and stories.md now work with Integrated Version Control.

2. Not within Rasa X. However, I would recommend setting up a CI pipeline that runs automated evaluations and post the artifacts it produces somewhere accessible (e.g. Comment on a GitHub PR with Rasa NLU cross-validation results). Then, when you push changes from Rasa X or anywhere, you can this CI/CD pipeline.

1 Like