How to get response text of "next_action"

Hi,

I developed a web based chatbot and iam running the rasa core http server and calling the rest API called “prase” to get the next action.

Iam getting the following response : (request / response Screen Shots)

in my domain.yml i have defined template for

utter_greet: -text ": ‘Hey, how can i hekp you’

How to get the above mentioned text to display to the user ?

After calling parse api do i need call any other API ?

I went through the Rasa_core doc and found i need to call respond API but when iam calling iam getting an Empty response.

Please help…

To get the response text directly, you can call /respond end point but you said you are getting empty response Verify the below two things

1.Have you defined story for the flow ? * greet - utter_greet

2.When you call /respond endpoint , are you passing the query parameter

Thank you …

Yes … the following pasted text are stories

greet

• greet
    • utter_greet

query

• query
    • utter_query

bye

• bye
    • utter_bye
  1. ) Yes… Iam Passing the query parameter as defined in the rasa core doc…

That looks neat. What does the log say when you are calling the /respond endpoint ?

in rasa_core.log

Text:

Creating a new tracker for id ‘sridhar’. Received user message ‘hi’ with intent ‘{‘name’: ‘greet’, ‘confidence’: 0.979422926902771}’ and entities ‘[]’ Logged UserUtterance - tracker now has 2 events Current slot values: number: None Current tracker state [None, {}, {‘intent_greet’: 1.0, ‘prev_action_listen’: 1.0}] There is a memorised next action ‘2’ Predicted next action using policy_0_MemoizationPolicy Predicted next action ‘utter_greet’ with prob 1.00. Remote action can not be run locally. Action ‘utter_greet’ ended with events ‘[]’ Current tracker state [{}, {‘intent_greet’: 1.0, ‘prev_action_listen’: 1.0}, {‘intent_greet’: 1.0, ‘prev_utter_greet’: 1.0}] There is a memorised next action ‘0’ Predicted next action using policy_0_MemoizationPolicy Predicted next action ‘action_listen’ with prob 1.00. Action ‘action_listen’ ended with events ‘[]’ Current topic: None 127.0.0.1 - - [2018-08-06 13:09:17] “POST /conversations/sridhar/respond HTTP/1.1” 200 110 0.018000

iam not able to complete understand where i did the mistake…

In your log, it says remote actions can not be run locally.I think you have action_factory:remote in domain.If you have it, remove that and then train and access

Thank you… Sayam kumar… yesterday it self I removed and tried its working fine as expected… sorry forgot to update the same… but trying to understand why action_factory: remote is stopping the respond api… what it exact use of this action_factory: remote

Thank you once again

When action_factory is remote , core will only return the action names and does not run them. If you want to know more about this, you can check out the concert bot example

Hi,

Im facing similar issue…Ive created a weatherbot using version7 of RASA which used to work fine.I happened to upgrade to version 13(with all the necessary changes in migration).Even though im able to get the response in the command line,im getting an empty response when my trying to hit it through postman. Here is my error_screenshot…

Can someone help me with this issue…