How can I check which action endpoints Rasa core is calling?

Hi, I hope you are having a good day.

I’m in the process of debugging a custom action server and TwoStageFallbackPolicy.

How can I check which action endpoints Rasa core is hitting?

I run Rasa Core as REST API using this command

python -m rasa_core.run -c rest -d models/dialogue/default/dialogue_model -u models/nlu/default/nlu_model --endpoints endpoints.yml --credentials credentials.yml --log_file rest_serverlog.log --enable_api --debug

Some background information: Custom action server is up and running, but Rasa core doesn’t call the custom action server in the cases of TwoStageFallbackPolicy. I use the custom action just for fallback policy. Rasa core works fine and response correctly to user input. But fail to follow a custom TwoStageFallbackPolicy and uses the default TwoStageFallbackPolicy. The action server used to work fine and stopped after I updated rasa-core to 0.13.7 and rasa-nlu to 0.14.6. I can’t remember the last version that used before, but certainly, it’s around 0.13.0 when TwoStageFallbackPolicy is introduced.

This question is related to this GitHub issue Rasa core doesn’t call a custom action server to run a custom TwoStageFallbackPolicy. Rasa core doesn't call a custom action server to run a custom TwoStageFallbackPolicy. · Issue #3221 · RasaHQ/rasa_nlu · GitHub

Hi @souvikg10 I would really appreciate your help with this.

The issue of the custom action server and TwoStageFallbackPolicy was resolved by adding Rasa default actions to the domain file.

action: 
- action_default_fallback 
- action_default_ask_affirmation

But I still, not sure how to check the action endpoints.

You are adding endpoints in the endpoints.yml I suppose

Yes, I add it in endpoints.yml and also as a flag in running Rasa core --endpoints endpoints.yml

action_endpoint:
      url: http://action_server:5055/webhook

I guess there’s no clear way of checking which action endpoints Rasa core is hitting. Monitoring the log of custom action server is the only way that I managed to debug the issues.