Going beyond ‘Hey Google’: building a Rasa-powered Google Assistant

Going beyond ‘Hey Google’: building a Rasa-powered Google Assistant

A highly requested blogpost is here: integrating Rasa to Google Assistant and enabling it to handle more complex conversations. Check it out! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

hey @Juste thanks for such detailed info. Wanted to ask if you faced case :

1. The bot (rasa-core) respond (send messages to google home app) with two answers e.g.
  • I see you’re authorized so I can make action you asked for.
  • Please provide time when you want to make an action.

BUT in reality google home pronounces just first utterance and than listens… (seems like google app received second utterance but hasn’t pronounced it because was busy with saying first utterance) :slight_smile:

Open for any ideas how to handle it :slight_smile:

I followed the tutorial whose name is “Going Beyond ‘Hey Google’: Building a Rasa-powered Google Assistant”. (Going beyond ‘Hey Google’: building a Rasa-powered Google Assistant)

It is a great tutorial but when I literally implemented the code I had the error:

Invocation ErrorYou cannot use standard Google Assistant features in the Simulator. If you want to try them, use Google Assistant on your phone or other compatible devices.

Even though I used the cell phone but I got the same error. What could be the problem? Thank you very much

Serdar

Hey @serdar. I think you are facing the same issue which is related to enabling testing mode on Google Assistant as some other community members did. To go around the issue you will need to create a new user with viewer perimissions and use that account to test your app. Check out this thread to see how to do it detail and let us know if you are still facing this issue: Problem facing in integrating bot with Google assistant :slight_smile:

Hey Juste,

Thank you very much for your response and guidance. I really appreciate.

Regards, Serdar

1 Like

The tutorial has been updated to Rasa 1.0! :slight_smile:

Continuing the discussion from Going beyond ‘Hey Google’: building a Rasa-powered Google Assistant:

Hello I have created a Rasa bot and also created a project on google actions console. My custom action is getting deployed without any error but when I try to test it on Google Assistant on my phone, it says that my bot is ‘not responding right now’. Additionally I also get a ‘page 404 not found error’ on my command prompt which is running ngrok. What could be the issue? Thanks.

Hi @vadvaith. Hmm, that’s interesting. Can you share the actions.json configuration where you specify the ngrok url? Also, can you confirm that you have enabled the testing on google actions console?

in this image you can see that testing has been enabled for all devices linked to my account. I have followed all the steps given in the tutorial and yet to see a result. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

@Juste This is my json file.action.json (1.0 KB)

That looks correct. When you test the assistant on your phone, are you logged in with the same account as you used for creating google actions?

Yes I have used the same account. The thing is, google assistant is able to recognize that I want to talk to my rasa bot when I say ‘talk to rasa bot’ and then the assistant says something like ‘Are you sure you want to give it a try?’ then when I say Yes it says ‘not responding and bot has left the conversation.’

Could there be any issue with the channel being created between my bot and google assistant using the connector.py file?

1 Like

Hmm, not that I can think of. Did you make any changes to the connector that is provided in the tutorial?

No, it’s the same. What I meant was that, do we have to create an input channel for google assistant? Like the channel we create if we have to integrate Rasa with Slack?

The input channel (a custom one) is provided with the tutorial files, it’s called ga_connector.py. It should be used automatically when you launch the assistant.

I struggle to reproduce your error. Let’s see if someone else has the same issue.

same issue

When you test Rasa on your terminal do all the things work? Maybe it’s something on Rasa’s side that is throwing an error… Can you double check with rasa shell that the assistant runs locally without any issues?

Is there any solution for the original question? Because I’m facing the same issue, the google assistant just utters the first utterance and skips the rest

HI @ice2tricky. I’ll have a look if there is a way to go around this problem. Probably some customisations is needed on Google Actions’ side.

I am also facing same issue. I tried with both Rasa 1.0 and latest one. On rasa getting below error sanic.exceptions.NotFound: Requested URL /webhooks/google_assistant/webhook not found [2019-10-17 10:14:30 +0530] [20879] [ERROR] Exception occurred while handling uri: ‘http://1aa199fe.ngrok.io/webhooks/google_assistant/webhook