Getting error trying to train the model on weatherbot

Hi guys, please, I am trying to train the model in weatherbot tutorial and I am getting this error on CMD:

Traceback (most recent call last): File “nlu_model.py”, line 1, in from rasa_nlu.converters import load_data ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘rasa_nlu.converters’

I am using Python 3.6 and installed the updated dependencies on requirements.txt. Anything else I should inform here?

Hi @Vinicivs, that module was removed in version 0.12. You can have a look a the latest version of the tutorial to see what needs to be changed https://github.com/JustinaPetr/Weatherbot_Tutorial/tree/master/Full%20Code%20%5BLatest%20release%20of%20Rasa%20NLU%20and%20Rasa%20Core%5D

1 Like

Hi @EPedrotti , I appreciate your reply and will read carefully the link you sent. Thanks a lot man!

EDIT: I did check the github link, Justina says that training the nlu_model did not change much from the original video. There is a a new updated code to use, slightly different from the fist one, but my question is, which part of this new code should I use to train my model? It is not clear. Do you know something about that?

hey @Vinicivs can you please be specific as of what model you are asking for?

1 Like

I am refering to the nlu_model in this video: Building a chatbot with Rasa NLU and Rasa Core on Vimeo The final and updated code for nlu_model.py is here: Weatherbot_Tutorial/nlu_model.py at master · JustinaPetr/Weatherbot_Tutorial · GitHub But if you check the video, she used a code to train the model, and after it she added some lines of code for the next procedures. It means that I need to take the new updated code and delete something.

1. I can not follow the instructions of the video anymore because Rasa versions were updated and the old code does not function anymore.
  2. There is an new updated code, ok. But:
  3. I am not sure which part do I need to delete from the new updated code to train the model.

I am insisting into this video because it seems to be the most beginner friendly tutorial I have found to (try) learning Rasa.

Hey @Vinicivs. I understand the frustration with the video being compatible with the older versions of Core and NLU. I would suggest you taking the code from the up-to-date directory of the tutorial repo and watch the video as a reference to understand the concepts. In this case, you don’t really need to add/remove any code - everything should work the way it’s written. The readme of the directory has the instructions on how to use the updated code as well. If you have any issues, let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for replying Justina! Look, it’s completely ok. The point is, for complete beginners like me, I never know where is exactly the mistake: on my code, or my pc, on the provided code (unlikely) etc, etc…it can be so many things, even running a command on the wrong folder! :slight_smile: But let me say something else. videos like the one you did are THE BEST kind of resource for people like me. I don’t know how many, but we do need tutorials which says clearly how, where and when run each single line of code, or create folders and everything else. 99% of so called “tutorials” on the net and medium don’t do it at all. So, I really want to thank you for your hard work here. And please, if you find some time, after most important duties on Rasa, or even for someone else on Rasa team or community, I believe it worth to update that video :pray::pray::pray:.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your feedback @Vinicivs, I really appreciate it! :slight_smile: Updating the video is on my radar, hopefully I will scope out some time for that during the holiday season.

1 Like

Hi All,

Any solution to this. I am facing the issue still.

Thanks and Regards, Subho