Formbot Intent Design

In checking out the new formbot example (awesome stuff!), I was wondering what the logic is behind having two separate intents relating to the restaurant recommendation (intent:request_restaurant and intent:inform).

I see that the request_restaurant intent is used to trigger the new form action, but do you need to have a separate intent (inform) for all of the related information such as “Italian food” or “2 people”? Could all of this just be under the request_restaurant intent?

Looking at this in scale and beyond a basic example, “inform” seems like it would be too broad of an intent of course. What would be the best practice to scale an example like this? Would each core intent in the domain (request_restaurant as an example) have its own intent plus an “inform_x” intent or would you just have one dump “inform” intent for all slot filling needs?

Examples:

intent:request_restaurant
intent:inform_restaurant
intent:request_hotel
intent:inform_hotel

OR

intent:inform

OR

Thanks!

Hey, I’m guessing the custom code in the formbot example with multiple intents for slot filling is just to show the possibility of coding it in that way (I could be wrong). FormAction works fine even if you don’t give an “inform_x” intent explicitly. I personally feel the documentation should be more elaborate for FormAction as it has a very good potential for handling complex actions.

1 Like