Does CI/CD come with checks on the Rasa version, NLU syntax, intent/entity structure?

Hey all, I was wondering if the integrated version control with Rasa X comes with certain checks out of the box when you’re trying to merge a branch with master.

For example, I have certain changes ready in a new branch after annotating training examples in a Rasa X instance. This Rasa X instance is connected to the master branch. But now, let’s say, I updated the master branch to use

1. a different rasa + rasa-sdk version and/or
  2. a different NLU syntax (the syntax related to synonyms changed recently) and/or
  3. a different intent/entity structure. Previously, I had classified intents into A, B and C. Now I’m using, say, C, D, E and F.

Are there any checks/warnings that help me merge the new branch into master? Thanks in advance!

Hi @ganeshv, there are no automated checks for this. Resolving conflicts or porting data to the new format should happen should happen manually in git / Github.

@ricwo, thanks! Is there anything that’s planned in the roadmap for these features?

@ganeshv automatically solving those merge conflicts currently isn’t. but what prevents you from just merging the new format straight into master? do you encounter conflicts that are difficult to entangle?