Custom action not returning any response

I am trying to implement the weather bot from the tutorial by Justina. I have got 2 docker containers - one for the rasa_nlu (ver 0.13.7) and rasa_core (ver 0.11.12) and the other container for rasa_core_sdk. The code I am implementing is exactly as per justina’s tutorial at github

The rasa_core_sdk container is running as expected:

root@b999dd33f892:/app# python -m rasa_core_sdk.endpoint --actions actions
INFO:__main__:Starting action endpoint server...
INFO:rasa_core_sdk.executor:Registered function for 'action_weather'.
INFO:__main__:Action endpoint is up and running. on ('0.0.0.0', 5055)

The models have been trained in the nlu+core container are working fine except when I run the bot it fails to fetch response from the action server:

Bot loaded. Type a message and press enter (use '/stop' to exit): 

**hello**

/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sklearn/preprocessing/label.py:151: DeprecationWarning: The truth value of an empty array is ambiguous. Returning False, but in future this will result in an error. Use `array.size > 0` to check that an array is not empty.
if diff:

_Hello! How can I help?_

127.0.0.1 - - [2018-11-11 15:25:14] "POST /webhooks/rest/webhook?stream=true&token= HTTP/1.1" 200 222 0.133872

**what is the weather in London**

/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/sklearn/preprocessing/label.py:151: DeprecationWarning: The truth value of an empty array is ambiguous. Returning False, but in future this will result in an error. Use `array.size > 0` to check that an array is not empty.

if diff:

127.0.0.1 - - [2018-11-11 15:25:27] "POST /webhooks/rest/webhook?stream=true&token= HTTP/1.1" 200 154 0.020005

I have tried this on Mac as well on a Linux machine. No success. Will really appreciate your help.

Thanks

How did you start the docker containers? Did you link them / put them in common network?

I started the docker containers using docker-compose and it is working now. Thanks for responding.

1 Like

Hi Team, We’re also facing a similar kind of issue.

We’re having both core and actions in the same container.

Core is able to send request to the actions server and even actions server is able to send and retrieve response from our custom API’s.

But actions server not dispatching the response back to corecore.log (77.6 KB) actions.log (100.2 KB)

Hi Prashanna,

we’re having the exact same issue. Were you able to resolve the problem?

Best, Jes

No Jes! :frowning: I’m also still looking into various solutions. Kindly reply back if you find anything.

Regards, Prashanna

@Praz313

Hi, have you resolved the problem? thanks