Chat & Voice platforms

I was following this documentation and try to integrate the sample chat in RASA core with various platform like messenger and Bot Framework but this was not integrating as some of the modules and functions in Python were not detecting by the interpreter and even the python commands were not creating any server instead I was seeing the bot running in the command prompt.

I am implementing this on a POC level. Therefore can you help me out with other documentation or link which will help me to implement things from scratch

Please provide some more details as to what’s not working, and what code you were using, otherwise we can’t help you

I was using the same code and commands which are mentioned in documents but in case of commands for bot framework It was not creating a server which could be connected to bot framework instead it created a bot in the command prompt itself

from rasa_core.channels.botframework import BotFrameworkInput from rasa_core.agent import Agent from rasa_core.interpreter import RegexInterpreter

# load your trained agent
agent = Agent.load(MODEL_PATH, interpreter=RegexInterpreter())

input_channel = BotFrameworkInput(
        # you get this from your Bot Framework account
        app_id="MICROSOFT_APP_ID",
        # also from your Bot Framework account
        app_password="MICROSOFT_APP_PASSWORD"
)

# set serve_forever=False if you want to keep the server running
s = agent.handle_channels([input_channel], 5004, serve_forever=False)

And in the above code it was not detecting the BotFramework Module itself.

from rasa_core.channels.facebook import FacebookInput from rasa_core.agent import Agent from rasa_core.interpreter import RegexInterpreter

# load your trained agent
agent = Agent.load(MODEL_PATH, interpreter=RegexInterpreter())

input_channel = FacebookInput(
        fb_verify="YOUR_FB_VERIFY",
        # you need tell facebook this token, to confirm your URL
        fb_secret="YOUR_FB_SECRET",  # your app secret
        fb_access_token="YOUR_FB_PAGE_ACCESS_TOKEN"
        # token for the page you subscribed to
)

# set serve_forever=False if you want to keep the server running
s = agent.handle_channels([input_channel], 5004, serve_forever=False)

In the above code of fb messenger RegexInterpreter was not detecting

So can u send me a proper documentation of steps that is needed to be followed

I can’t help you if you don’t post the errors that you’re getting. The instructions in the linked documentation should work. If the bot framework module wasn’t detected, I’d guess that you have an older version of rasa_core installed?

I was trying to setup webhook in the messenger and in the callback url i tried to put this https://rasa.example.com/app/webhook and in verify token I tried to put rasa-bot still it was giving problem with the URL(Bad Gateway) and in bot framework emulator I cannot figure out what to put in endpoint URL as I tried to put this https:///localhost:5005/webhooks/botframework/webhook it was giving me message only absolute URLS are supported

Can u just help me in this part as these things are not clear in documentation or can we have a call over skype

Ok so you need to start an ngrok server or similar to be able to use an external corrector. There’s instructions on how to do that at the end of the chat and voice platforms page

@akelad pls am using ngrok and telegram and my bot works fine but its not able to retrieve the action_weather, when i test with the telegram app on my phone.

Apart from the credentials.yml, is there any other configuration to be done in //action.py and //endpoints.yml???.

Thanks

well what’s the error?

well you can refer this… created a simple weather bot

hope this will help you :slight_smile: