Cannot create admin user with Rasa X

I’m using in the install script to create a new Rasa X instance with Docker Compose. I’ve got everything installed and the docker-compose up worked. Now I’m trying to create a user with:

sudo python3 rasa_x_commands.py create --update admin me <PASSWORD>

I get the following error:

2021-04-12 16:49:09.708326: W tensorflow/stream_executor/platform/default/dso_loader.cc:59] Could not load dynamic library 'libcudart.so.10.1'; dlerror: libcudart.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2021-04-12 16:49:09.708394: I tensorflow/stream_executor/cuda/cudart_stub.cc:29] Ignore above cudart dlerror if you do not have a GPU set up on your machine.
Matplotlib created a temporary config/cache directory at /tmp/matplotlib-d5tq_6o1 because the default path (/tmp/.pip/matplotlib) is not a writable directory; it is highly recommended to set the MPLCONFIGDIR environment variable to a writable directory, in particular to speed up the import of Matplotlib and to better support multiprocessing.
User me does not exist. To create a new user please run `sudo python rasa_x_commands.py create admin me <pw>`

So I tried running sudo python3 rasa_x_commands.py create admin me <pw> and got the following (slightly different) error message)

2021-04-12 16:49:32.271899: W tensorflow/stream_executor/platform/default/dso_loader.cc:59] Could not load dynamic library 'libcudart.so.10.1'; dlerror: libcudart.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2021-04-12 16:49:32.271948: I tensorflow/stream_executor/cuda/cudart_stub.cc:29] Ignore above cudart dlerror if you do not have a GPU set up on your machine.
Matplotlib created a temporary config/cache directory at /tmp/matplotlib-4608b_1s because the default path (/tmp/.pip/matplotlib) is not a writable directory; it is highly recommended to set the MPLCONFIGDIR environment variable to a writable directory, in particular to speed up the import of Matplotlib and to better support multiprocessing.
This action is not available
ERROR:__main__:Failed to create user.

Any ideas?

Tried again with a fresh install, and it still didn’t work. Same error. I’m on Ubuntu 20.04.

1 Like

Tried again, again → still no luck. This time it was with the 0.39.0 install script, and here’s what I got:

1 Like

I get the same problem with a fresh ubuntu install on aws. The docs (incorrectly) have the --update flag set as well which doesn’t make sense for the first install. But with or without the update flag - both don’t work.

cd /etc/rasa
sudo python3 rasa_x_commands.py create --update admin myUsername myPassword

and

sudo python3 rasa_x_commands.py create admin myUsername myPassword

this returns

**ubuntu@host**:**/etc/rasa**$ sudo python3 rasa_x_commands.py create admin myUserName myPassWord

1 Like

Dont try to create a new user. You must use ‘me’ user. You only can change password for ‘me’ user but you can’t create new admin users into rasa-x.

python3 rasa_x_commands.py create --update admin me YOUR_PASS_HERE

I think is an error into 0.39 version.

I hope this help/solve your issue.

Ya, that’s the first thing I tried, and what led to the first error.

What is the output after run this?:

• sudo su
  • cd /etc/rasa

• docker-compose exec rasa-x bash

• cd /app/scripts

• python3 manage_users.py list

Hi, I’m dealing with the same problem, also using Docker Compose Install Script on Ubuntu 20.04.

python3 manage_users.py list outputs Found 0 user

1 Like

Hi, if you’re using the free version of Rasa X (and I tried it on version 0.39.3) you should replace me with system_user, like this:

sudo python3 rasa_x_commands.py create --update admin system_user <PASSWORD>
3 Likes

Hey, it worked, дякую:)

1 Like

Thanks John! The --update solved my very same problem