Bug report: Rasa X implicitly assumes any YAML with slot field is a domain.yml, even if domain.yml in root

Just wanted to point out some unintuitive behaviour/bug in Rasa-X.

Rasa X seems to check all files in the repo which are YAML and has certain keywords like slots (as Rasa X calls this function and if it has them, it assumes it is a domain.yml (even when there is a file called domain.yml in the root)

In my Github repo which is linked to Rasa X I had a YAML file which is not directly used by Rasa but contains the field “slots”. This causes Rasa X to crash out with a validation error and as a result it actually doesn’t proceed to load NLU data from the repo, essentially breaking Rasa-X.

I think this constitutes a bug, given the only workaround I can think of is to hide files from Rasa X, and given that understanding what users actually realising what the problem is here is not entirely obvious without tracking through the source code.

1 Like

You have a point :slight_smile:

I didn’t know Rasa X detected the domain like that so thanks for the info!

I’d suggest posting an issue on GitHub.

1 Like

Good idea, I’ve make a bug report:

Bug report: Rasa X implicitly assumes any YAML with slot field is a domain.yml, even if domain.yml in root · Issue #11041 · RasaHQ/rasa · GitHub

1 Like