Ask for the form again from and fill slots with new value

1. I have a bot that gives options to user using buttons and these buttons set a slot facility and then asks for location and set the location slot. Assume dialogue flow like below
  • User - hi
  • Bot - What do you want to know?
  •      1. weather     2. temperature

• User - clicks on button 2. temperature
  • Bot - provide your location
  • User - someplace
  • Bot - This is the temperature of someplace.
  • User - someotherplace
  • Bot - this is the temperature of someotherplace

Now as you can see if the user gives some other location then the slot of location is set to the new location and the bot displays the temperature (i.e. facility type) of that place. What I want is if this happens then the bot shouldn’t respond with the temperature but rather with the options again and set slot of facility with the new facility OR some other thing if someone can suggest me for handling this.

My entities and Slots are as Follows:

entities: - location - facility_type

slots:

• facility_type:
  • type: unfeaturized

One more thing is if I provide location as someplace then the data is displayed properly but if I give it like Someplace or SOMEPLACE then it doesn’t fetch the data. Why is it so and how can I resolve it.

1. Additional Question : - Once the bot has answered to the users request I want the bot to ask the user that do you want to explore other options and then display the options again and fill facility slot again but keeping the location slot same as before. You can think of it like this:-
  • User - hi
  •      1. weather     2. temperature

• User - clicks on button 2. temperature
  • Bot - provide your location
  • User - someplace
  • Bot - This is the temperature of this place.
  • User - thanks
  • Bot - Do you want to see options again (could not achieve from this this)
  • User - Yes
  •      1. weather    2. temperature

• User - clicks on button 1. weather
  • Bot - this is the weather of your place

You can assume same entity and slots as above question. Is there any way to do these. You can assume these two as different projects as I got very much interested in using Rasa. I am totally new to Rasa and I found it really helpful so I want to develop few things with it.

@fkoerner Can you please help me with this. How can I achieve this.

I think you’d need a custom action which you run whenever the form is finished where you’d reset the slots.