Anyone written code to generate end-to-end stories from "regular" stories?

Hi,

I’m curious if anyone has written code that generates end-to-end stories from “regular” stories.

I’m working on a project where I have many stories but none in the end-to-end format.

I was planning on writing a script, but didn’t know if there was anything already out there or if there was a way to do this using Rasa itself.

Thanks,

Jackson

Hi @jkarel, do you mean e2e test conversations? If so, do you want to generate them based on the NLU data you have - a random selection of it for each intent? Or just intent: /intent? I did something like this (generating e2e test conversations) once but don’t have access to the code anymore; I can say there were considerably more pitfalls than I anticipated at first e.g. required entities in NLU, mixture of NLU and button input expected, etc.

Thanks @mloubser

Yes

I want to generate them based on all of my NLU data so I can run a full end-to-end test. I’d like to use every intent example.

Yeah, I’m anticipating these :slightly_smiling_face:

While I definitely see the attraction of automating this, I’d recommend not to go to that effort at first; if you’re still in the early stages of your bot, adding tests as you go is generally better. In Rasa X, you can add tests from user conversations - see Test Your Assistant. This is often better because your tests aren’t just an amalgamation of training data, but instances of conversations that users really had.

Great point. I’m definitely going to keep that in mind going forward.

I’m taking over Bot development from another developer, so I have about 50 stories, but no e2e test conversations.

1 Like