After connecting to a reposity, Rasa X UI is also empty

Rasa version: 1.8.1

Rasa X version: 28.2

Server OS: Ubuntu 16.4 with GCP VM

Local OS: Windows 10

Issues: After connecting to a reposity, Rasa X UI is also empty, no data in NLU data, Stories, Domain. The content in Configuration is the default one.

Configuration that is the default in UI:

Status in UI:

I tried to Disconnct and Reconnect to my reposity, and it is still empty. I have been stuck in this issue for 3 days. What can I do next? Thanks!

As far as I understood, the connection to a repository does not mean that you see what is in there. Currently, it seems to push changes to the repo only. The model you activate provides the data, domain, config etc. That means you need to upload a model that bases on your repo data. Afterwards you can start the cycle between “train new model from the data” and “store data in the repo”.

Hi @ongongethan. Have you made sure to follow the default Rasa project layout?

Thanks for your reply!

Any change that is able to push to remote repo needs to base on data which firstly pull from remote repo. However, there is currently no data in NLU data, Reponses, Stories, although the Integrated Version Control icon in the bottom left corner of my Rasa X UI shows the connection is successful.

It seems that once Rasa X server connected to git reposity, Rasa X will automatically pull data from remote reposity. (refer to Using Integrated Version Control) Data from remote reposity include not only config, domian, NLU, stories, but also model file. Where do i upload a model form if i follow your instruction?

Thanks again.

Yes , I am sure !

The project layout was created by rasa init .

And you can see the project structure in github repo:

BTW, the way that I connect RASA X server to git reposity refers to Connect a Git Repository which use UI botton and icon, instead of old Rasa X version methond The Rasa Masterclass Handbook: Episode 9 which use command line. Is there any difference between those 2 methods indeed? Or is that the reason why my Rasa X UI is empty?

THANKS!

@ongongethan No, there should not be any difference.

1. Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting?

2. What deployment method did you use?

1. Yep, I tried for many times. And also destroied GCP VM instance and recreated VM intance for many times.
  2. When installing Rasa X , I used this method Docker-Compose Quick Install with GCP VM instance. Then followed Connect a Git Repository Steps 1-4 to connect rasa x to my repo.

Hi @ongongethan, can you please make sure you are using compatible rasa open source and rasa x versions?

If after fixing that this is still the case, you can actually check to see if the information made it into the rasa x container:

sudo docker ps
sudo docker exec -it <rasa x container id> bash
cd git/1

from there you should be in the git repository and can cat some files to see if the data is in there. Once we have that info we can see if it is a git connection issue, or if there is some problem getting the data into the UI :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!

The rasa and rasa x versions on Server are compatible as you can see when i run sudo docker ps :

image (rasa-x: 0.28.3 and rasa: 1.10.0)

But my repository on github was created on my local pc that had installed rasa 1.8.1 which is not compatible with rasa x 0.28.3, does this matters?

When i get into the rasa-x container and run cd git/1, it is the DATA that is from my remote repository.

It seems it is not a git connection issue, instead some problem getting the data into the UI.

How should I do next?

Hm it’s possible that the version of your bot (1.8) is causing issues when trying to be imported into rasa 1.10, but I would doubt it. Can you try using an endpoint to force-checkout the branch?

If you use this to get the repository IDs: HTTP API (the id is more than likely 1)

then you can use this endpoint to check out the same branch with the force query parameter: HTTP API