- device_type_form
  - form{"name": "device_type_form"}
  - slot{"requested_slot": "device_type"}
* inform{"device_type": "mac"}
  - slot{"device_type": "mac"}
  - form{"name": null}
  - action_download_slack
  - utter_something_else

So this works if the user reaches the download_slack intent the first time and goes through the form but if they reach this intent a second time in the same conversation, then Rasa gets confused and predicts no next action for the intent. Im assuming this means I need to create another training story that doesnt have the form/slot logic?

Figured it out. Doing this fixed it:

## download slack without form
* download_slack
  - device_type_form
  - slot{"requested_slot": "None"}
  - action_download_slack
  - utter_something_else

Hello @tatianaf, i am facing the same issue

are you saying

• form{“name”: “form_name”}
  • slot{“requested_slot”: “None”}
  • form{“name”: null}

using this will set slot value to Null

I dont think that’s correct… im pretty sure it only clears the slot if your form logic clears the slot…

You should decide up front whether it makes sense to drive the user dialog via (1) forms; or (2) stories with featurized slots. In this case, forms make the most sense. So the story should look like the basic form example:

* download_slack
  - device_type_form

Don’t try to force the requested_slot or drive the next step of the dialog via the story. Instead, the form can do those things.

the format used by my code in my original post was generated by the interactive rasa shell. are you saying i shouldnt use training stories created by rasa interactive @stephens ?

In this case, I would not use the generated story.

ok what is special about this case? should interactive stories not be trusted in general?..