You can now automatically transform your RASA agent into an animated, 3D character (and in A/R)!

All,

I have added RASA support to the AI Expert app which automatically connects to your RASA agent and turns your text conversation into a voice-driven interaction with a digital character. You can also put the character into and have a conversation in A/R.

You just need to enable the REST support (–enable-api) and put in the location of that web server/webhook in to the app and the rest is done automatically. The character lip syncs to speech and automatically gestures according to human communicative gesture theory (metaphoric gestures, deictic gestures, beat gestures, etc.)

Here’s a quick tutorial:

the full documentation is here: AI Expert Documentation – Embody Digital including changing the avatar, using a photo to create an avatar that looks like you, uploading an avatar from Adobe Fuse, and so forth.

You can download the app from Google Play here:

I would appreciate any feedback from the RASA community.

Regards,

Ari Shapiro, Ph.D.

4 Likes

Super cool! Thanks for sharing!

Looking good. Would be nice to be able to use something like this outside of Android environment.

Yes, the system can work on different platforms (osx, windows, linux, ios, etc) . The Android app is mostly a demo of that capability.

What platform are you thinking of?

2 Likes

Linux mainly.

1 Like

Yes, we already have a working linux platform for a talking character that can connect with an AI backend (like RASA). You can email me at shapiro@embodydigital.com if you’d like to talk in more detail about this.

1 Like