Custom action Don't Work!

good morning, I found the fact that the action does not work on my pc, port 5005 and 5055 cannot communicate with each other. I also tried with the basic demo of rasa, activating the action “hello world” but the same error is always returned to me. obviously I open two prompts one for the server action and one for the shell. everything is set up as basic, and the action endpoint.ymp is without comments. I’ll post the debug screens below. the first error found is:

“OSError: [Errno 99] Cannot assign requested address.”

afterwards: "Cannot connect to host localhost: 5055 ssl: default [Cannot assign requested address].

from these two errors: "Exception (Failed to execute custom action)

i use rasa on docker and with windows10pro. the commands I use are: docker run -it -v ${pwd}:/app rasa/rasa:1.10.0-full shell --debug

docker run -it -v ${pwd}:/app -p 5055:5055 rasa/rasa:1.10.0-full run actions --actions actions --debug --auto-reload

Thank you all for everything!

There’s a small checklist that I’m thinking of.

• Can you confirm no other processes are running on those ports? You can check for docker containers that are running with docker ps. It looks like the port is already taken.
  • For debugging purposes it may be easier to run rasa run actions instead of the docker container. This will pick up all the actions in your local actions.py file and run them locally. You don’t need to use docker to run rasa, but it can be useful later in production.

thank you @koaning. i have installed directly on my linux partition, without rasa and it works perfectly!!!

1 Like

Happy to hear it helped.

Just to mention it, if you’re interested, I’m giving a tutorial on starting a Rasa project from scratch at PyData Hamburg tonight. Feel free to drop by. I’ll also demonstrate a custom action at the end.