Connect to a non-python action server

Hallo,

I’m new to rasa and after building a very simple bot I try to connect to a non-python action server to test some custom actions. This action server is running locally, listening on 0.0.0.0:4567.

Does I need to activate

#action_endpoint:
# url: "http://localhost:4567/webhook"

in endpoints.yml? But after doing so and starting rasa shell --endpoints endpoints.yml, I get the error

TypeError: type object argument after ** must be a mapping, not NoneType

If I try to run rasa run actions -p 4567 -vv, I get -of course- the error

Error: [Errno 98] error while attempting to bind on address ('0.0.0.0', 4567): die adresse wird bereits verwendet

But how can I map to my action server?

Greetings from the Lower Rhine region in Germany Roland

Might be related to TypeError: type object argument after ** must be a mapping, not str, can you please check if that helps? Thanks.

Thanks, but downgrading sanic to 19.9.0 doesn’t help - same error after rasa shell --endpoints endpoints.yml:

File “/home/roland/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/core/utils.py”, line 392, in read_endpoints action = read_endpoint_config(endpoint_file, endpoint_type=“action_endpoint”) File “/home/roland/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/utils/endpoints.py”, line 29, in read_endpoint_config return EndpointConfig.from_dict(content[endpoint_type]) File “/home/roland/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rasa/utils/endpoints.py”, line 156, in from_dict return EndpointConfig(**data) TypeError: type object argument after ** must be a mapping, not NoneType

Does I need to activate

#action_endpoint:
# url: "http://localhost:4567/webhook"

Yes, you need this (without the leading # ) in your endpoints.yml.

TypeError: type object argument after ** must be a mapping, not NoneType

This seems like the indent is wrong. Can you please share your endpoints.yml without the hashtags with us?

Error: [Errno 98] error while attempting to bind on address ('0.0.0.0', 4567): die adresse wird bereits verwendet

Seems something is already running on this port. Have you tried it on a different port? Also, you’re running a non-python action server but also the the python action server? Or was that just to fix the problem?

Thanks a lot!!! After searching for hours, (re-)installing, downgrading and so on it was a simple missing indent before the action endpoint url in endpoints.yml. Now everything is working fine - my server gets the request and I can go on…