Windows installtion of Rasa x

@insightskillz Heya! You want to install rasa-x from activated environment right and you are using Window 10 with VS code or I get you wrong?

Yes you are right

@insightskillz Ok, No worries. I hope you had install Anaconda, then created condo environment for python and you are able to activate and install perfect rasa.

@insightskillz Please can you able to do Ctrl+Shift+P, you will see python interpreter, it will show your environment select that and note you should be in project folder and try install rasa-x

OR

Manually, go the project folder, activate conda environment and then try to install rasa-x

pip3 install rasa-x --extra-index-url https://pypi.rasa.com/simple

Depends on pip version latest

Please, share if you have any error or just type rasa --version and see did it install or not.

Ok let me do that

Still having same error

Building wheel for ujson (setup.py) ... error
  ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
   command: 'C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\rasa_install_demo\python.exe' -u -c 'import io, os, sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'C:\\Users\\Ch\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-26pdl4ld\\ujson_35b7c846561c4d70ae98ef8745a842c9\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'C:\\Users\\Ch\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-26pdl4ld\\ujson_35b7c846561c4d70ae98ef8745a842c9\\setup.py'"'"';f = getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__) if os.path.exists(__file__) else io.StringIO('"'"'from setuptools import setup; setup()'"'"');code = f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' bdist_wheel -d 'C:\Users\Ch\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-wheel-yzeelvrx'
       cwd: C:\Users\Ch\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-26pdl4ld\ujson_35b7c846561c4d70ae98ef8745a842c9\
  Complete output (6 lines):
  Warning: 'classifiers' should be a list, got type 'filter'
  running bdist_wheel
  running build
  running build_ext
  building 'ujson' extension
  error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 or greater is required. Get it with "Microsoft C++ Build Tools": https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/visual-cpp-build-tools/
  ----------------------------------------
  ERROR: Failed building wheel for ujson
  Running setup.py clean for ujson

@insightskillz You need to re-install Anaconda, and need to install fresh environment. Can you please tell me on last question, at the time creating conda environment did you separately install ujson and tensor flow? @insightskillz What is your current VS code Version and Python Version?

@insightskillz Try this also

conda install -c anaconda ujson

Or

pip install ujson==1.35

Or Ref this link:

Good Luck!

@insightskillz Your error gone? :slight_smile: ?

Ok thanks

i have been able to resolve it . Thanks for the support.

Hello Nik i have followed the same procedure which you have said ,even i am not able to install it, can you please tell me the whole procedure in one go so that i can install it.

@Ravi13 its related to Rasa X latest installation or Rasa 0.39.3 installation (which do not have Git enable mode)

It’s related to Rasa X latest version and I have tried all the ways which u have told in the previous blogs also , even it’s giving me the same error.

@Ravi13 please create the new thread and mention the issue related to Rasa X (latest version installed and also mention the method you are following) with some error.

@nik202 I am also getting same error while installing rasa-x what are the compatible version to use rasa-x

Building wheel for ujson (setup.py) … error error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× python setup.py bdist_wheel did not run successfully. │ exit code: 1 ╰─> [6 lines of output] Warning: ‘classifiers’ should be a list, got type ‘filter’ running bdist_wheel running build running build_ext building ‘ujson’ extension error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 or greater is required. Get it with “Microsoft C++ Build Tools”: Microsoft C++ Build Tools - Visual Studio [end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip. ERROR: Failed building wheel for ujson Running setup.py clean for ujson Failed to build ujson Installing collected packages: ujson, python-editor, pika, passlib, smmap, sanic, MarkupSafe, lxml, isodate, decorator, attrs, aioredis, xmlsec, sanic-cors, questionary, networkx, Mako, gitdb, croniter, python3-saml, GitPython, alembic, rasa-x Attempting uninstall: ujson Found existing installation: ujson 4.3.0 Uninstalling ujson-4.3.0: Successfully uninstalled ujson-4.3.0 Running setup.py install for ujson … error error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Running setup.py install for ujson did not run successfully. │ exit code: 1 ╰─> [8 lines of output] Warning: ‘classifiers’ should be a list, got type ‘filter’ running install d:\kushala\envs\rasa\lib\site-packages\setuptools\command\install.py:37: SetuptoolsDeprecationWarning: setup.py install is deprecated. Use build and pip and other standards-based tools. setuptools.SetuptoolsDeprecationWarning, running build running build_ext building ‘ujson’ extension error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 or greater is required. Get it with “Microsoft C++ Build Tools”: Microsoft C++ Build Tools - Visual Studio [end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip. WARNING: No metadata found in d:\kushala\envs\rasa\lib\site-packages Rolling back uninstall of ujson Moving to d:\kushala\envs\rasa\lib\site-packages\ujson-4.3.0.dist-info
from d:\kushala\envs\rasa\lib\site-packages~json-4.3.0.dist-info Moving to d:\kushala\envs\rasa\lib\site-packages\ujson.cp37-win_amd64.pyd from C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-uninstall-gu14fr2_\ujson.cp37-win_amd64.pyd error: legacy-install-failure

× Encountered error while trying to install package. ╰─> ujson

note: This is an issue with the package mentioned above, not pip. hint: See above for output from the failure.

I used the C++ the last version

@Kushala its mentioned you need to install C++ build which is suggested by Chris and whilst installing rasa did you followed some awesome video tutorial? is that right :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah ,same procedure but it didn’t work I am installing rasa-x from 6 days but i couldn’t @nik202

@Kushala you have not answered my question, did you use any video tutorial if yes please share the link.

Which version you are trying to install or any installation link?

Installing Rasa Open Source 3.x: Windows 10 (64 bit) - YouTube @nik202

I used to follow the same procedure but it didn’t work I am getting the same error while installing rasa - x now i used to install updated version ,now also i could not download it

@Kushala hmmm got it…when you are free on weekend do let me know to evening.

please clear the issue ,i need to install rasa x asap @nik202