Windows installtion of Rasa x

Hi,

I tried setting up Rasa X in my conda environment and I keep getting these errors below:

Attempting uninstall: ujson
    Found existing installation: ujson 4.0.2
    Uninstalling ujson-4.0.2:
      Successfully uninstalled ujson-4.0.2
    Running setup.py install for ujson ... error
    ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
     command: 'C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\rasa_install_demo\python.exe' -u -c 'import io, os, sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'C:\\Users\\Ch\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-sqw2jg1u\\ujson_a2a90891d0994c5a90c8d8bca61f350a\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'C:\\Users\\Ch\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-sqw2jg1u\\ujson_a2a90891d0994c5a90c8d8bca61f350a\\setup.py'"'"';f = getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__) if os.path.exists(__file__) else io.StringIO('"'"'from setuptools import setup; setup()'"'"');code = f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record 'C:\Users\Ch\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-record-t3o2wiw6\install-record.txt' --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers 'C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\rasa_install_demo\Include\ujson'
         cwd: C:\Users\Ch\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-sqw2jg1u\ujson_a2a90891d0994c5a90c8d8bca61f350a\
    Complete output (6 lines):
    Warning: 'classifiers' should be a list, got type 'filter'
    running install
    running build
    running build_ext
    building 'ujson' extension
    error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 or greater is required. Get it with "Microsoft C++ Build Tools": https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/visual-cpp-build-tools/
    ----------------------------------------
  Rolling back uninstall of ujson
  Moving to c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\rasa_install_demo\lib\site-packages\ujson-4.0.2.dist-info\
   from C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\rasa_install_demo\Lib\site-packages\~json-4.0.2.dist-info
  Moving to c:\programdata\anaconda3\envs\rasa_install_demo\lib\site-packages\ujson.cp38-win_amd64.pyd
   from C:\Users\Ch\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-uninstall-hmk01fvj\ujson.cp38-win_amd64.pyd
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: 'C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\rasa_install_demo\python.exe' -u -c 'import io, os, sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'C:\\Users\\Ch\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-sqw2jg1u\\ujson_a2a90891d0994c5a90c8d8bca61f350a\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'C:\\Users\\Ch\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-sqw2jg1u\\ujson_a2a90891d0994c5a90c8d8bca61f350a\\setup.py'"'"';f = getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__) if os.path.exists(__file__) else io.StringIO('"'"'from setuptools import setup; setup()'"'"');code = f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record 'C:\Users\Ch\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-record-t3o2wiw6\install-record.txt' --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers 'C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\rasa_install_demo\Include\ujson' Check the logs for full command output.
  1. Download and install Microsoft C++ Build Tools, as mentioned in the error.

2. Look at Step 3 in this article to install the Build Tools (or make sure they’re installed).

3. If Build Tools are installed and it’s not working, try to uninstall and reinstall them once at least.

I have done that, but it seems it can’t be seen in the conda env.

I have rasa installed in the same location and it worked fine. It was when I tried to install Rasa X in the same virtual environment that i encountered this error.

Which of the steps above have you tried?

Did you make sure the Build Tools are correctly installed via Visual Studio Installer like so? image

If yes, did you try reinstalling them?

1 Like

Yes, i tried re-installing them

Do i have to un-install before re-installing them?

Yes please try that.

If it still doesn’t work, uninstall and try installing from this link.

If it still doesn’t work, try the following

pip install -U setuptools
conda install setuptools
conda update setuptools

@insightskillz Heya! You want to install rasa-x from activated environment right and you are using Window 10 with VS code or I get you wrong?

Yes you are right

@insightskillz Ok, No worries. I hope you had install Anaconda, then created condo environment for python and you are able to activate and install perfect rasa.

@insightskillz Please can you able to do Ctrl+Shift+P, you will see python interpreter, it will show your environment select that and note you should be in project folder and try install rasa-x

OR

Manually, go the project folder, activate conda environment and then try to install rasa-x

pip3 install rasa-x --extra-index-url https://pypi.rasa.com/simple

Depends on pip version latest

Please, share if you have any error or just type rasa --version and see did it install or not.

Ok let me do that

Still having same error

Building wheel for ujson (setup.py) ... error
  ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
   command: 'C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\rasa_install_demo\python.exe' -u -c 'import io, os, sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'C:\\Users\\Ch\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-26pdl4ld\\ujson_35b7c846561c4d70ae98ef8745a842c9\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'C:\\Users\\Ch\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-26pdl4ld\\ujson_35b7c846561c4d70ae98ef8745a842c9\\setup.py'"'"';f = getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__) if os.path.exists(__file__) else io.StringIO('"'"'from setuptools import setup; setup()'"'"');code = f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' bdist_wheel -d 'C:\Users\Ch\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-wheel-yzeelvrx'
       cwd: C:\Users\Ch\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-26pdl4ld\ujson_35b7c846561c4d70ae98ef8745a842c9\
  Complete output (6 lines):
  Warning: 'classifiers' should be a list, got type 'filter'
  running bdist_wheel
  running build
  running build_ext
  building 'ujson' extension
  error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 or greater is required. Get it with "Microsoft C++ Build Tools": https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/visual-cpp-build-tools/
  ----------------------------------------
  ERROR: Failed building wheel for ujson
  Running setup.py clean for ujson

@insightskillz You need to re-install Anaconda, and need to install fresh environment. Can you please tell me on last question, at the time creating conda environment did you separately install ujson and tensor flow? @insightskillz What is your current VS code Version and Python Version?

@insightskillz Try this also

conda install -c anaconda ujson

Or

pip install ujson==1.35

Or Ref this link:

Good Luck!

@insightskillz Your error gone? :slight_smile: ?

Ok thanks

i have been able to resolve it . Thanks for the support.

Hello Nik i have followed the same procedure which you have said ,even i am not able to install it, can you please tell me the whole procedure in one go so that i can install it.

@Ravi13 its related to Rasa X latest installation or Rasa 0.39.3 installation (which do not have Git enable mode)

It’s related to Rasa X latest version and I have tried all the ways which u have told in the previous blogs also , even it’s giving me the same error.

@Ravi13 please create the new thread and mention the issue related to Rasa X (latest version installed and also mention the method you are following) with some error.