Wildcard text support in story

I am new in RASA. After some study I could not find how to handle such conversation in story where I don’t know the user input say user is typing some password. I am expecting something like this in stories.md. Please guide me how to achieve this.

##wildcard_story *greeting -ask_for_wildcard *WILDCARD -utter_thank_you

Hey @bdbarun. Could you provide more examples where you would need such functionality?

In general, you can have an intent, for example, called inform which would be assigned to an input where the user provides any thype of information. You can even set the entire input as a slot for the assistant to use later.

@Juste , thanks for your response.

Imagine bot is asking for userid and after getting it from user input, custom action is checking for userid existence in Database. And this userid can be anything and which is not present nlu training data. Here how RASA story would work as it could not identify the userid intent and not able to execute the next sequence written in story.

As you said “In general, you can have an intent, for example, called inform which would be assigned to an input where the user provides any thype of information. You can even set the entire input as a slot for the assistant to use later.”, how it could be done, please provide examples of both the cases for my understanding.

I’ve also come across a situation where I want this. In my case I actually just want to ignore what the person says - and continue with my story as I was before. I’m not building a virtual assistant so this isn’t as insane as it sounds.

I wonder if the from_text slot has anything to offer here?