What if I type message rather than click button in the ActionDefaultAskAffirmation

In TwoStageFallbackPolices,if the nlu cofidence is below the threshold, then a button list will be show to the user and let them select the right intent. What if I type the message to the robot rather than click the buttons? I try this and get some results: 9

conversation above like this

Me: can you give the some information about LOL?

robot: Do you mean…?

1.I want to get information about LOL

2.something else

Type out your message…

Me: type my qusetion …

robot: I don’t know what are you saying ,can you rephrase it …?(action_default_fallback trigger by the TwoStageFallbackPolices because cofidence below nlu threshold)

Me: type my qusetion again…

robot: I don’t know what are you saying ,can you rephrase it …?(action_default_fallback trigger by the TwoStageFallbackPolices because cofidence below nlu threshold)

Me: type other qusetion …

robot: I don’t know what are you saying ,can you rephrase it …?(action_default_fallback trigger by the TwoStageFallbackPolices because the intent confidence of this question still below nlu threshold)

Me: type other qusetion …

robot: return the right message (the intent confidence of this question over nlu threshold and KerasPolicy take over control!)

After I type my message, the action_default_fallback was triggered by the TwoStageFallbackPolices . I keep asking another three question to my robots. However, because these thress message’s intent confidence is below the nlu threshod , the action_default_fallback will be triggered again and agin by the TwoStageFallbackPolices until I ask onther question whose intent is over the nlu confidence.

If user keep asking robot some questions whose intent is below the nlu threshold,the TwoStageFallbackPolices will response like the FallbackPolices, which I think is not a good behavior.

I think I find the reason. I need to rewrite ActionDefaultFallback so as to distinguish fallback caused by TwoStageFallbackPolicy and fallback caused by core

Maybe you haven’t defined: deny_suggestion_intent_name: “out_of_scope” in your policy configuration?

I think it’s the default implementation of the ActionDefaultFallback that cause the problem. If I deny twice in TwoStageFallbackPolicy , ActionDefaultFallback willl be triggered and a UserUtteranceReverted event will be return,which revert my out_of_scope intent . So my last executed action contains ActionDefaultAskAffirmation. If my next message is below the nlu confidence , an action_default_fallback will be trigger.

After action_default_fallback,the out_of_scope was reverted