Welcome message in Rasa x

Hi everyone,

I want to the conversation to be started by the bot when invisiting users to test in rasa x. Just as it is the case here: Invite Users to Test I searched the forums and only found information on how to do it when using the webchat UI, Facebook etc.

But how to do it with rasa x?

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hey there @tabularasa, that’s not currently a supported feature in Rasa X. It’s an interesting idea though, I’ll take that feedback to the team.

Thank’s for the prompt reply. I think this is a good feature to be implemented in the future. In general, however, I think letting the bot start the conversation should be made a lot easier. So it’s not dependend on the respective front end that is being used but it can just be implemented via the stories.

Also, it’s probably better to remove it from the screenshot shown in the documentation if this is not feasible in rasa x.

All very good feedback. I will definitely get that copy updated :slight_smile: thanks!

@erohmensing are there any updates recently?

@Tobias @tabularasa I think this is probably something that you can now configure via Conversation Sessions by customizing the action_session_start action (instruction link at the bottom of what I linked to) to have the bot first dispatch a message.

Hi @erohmensing , I am novice to Rasa. I followed your answer and read the documentation links but still in my Local RASA X, the bot doesn’t display anything when the session starts.

Could you guide me please ?? I have posted the code of my “actions.py” below. I have also added “action_session_start” to my actions in domain.yml file.

I have been stucked at this problem for the past 1 day, please guide Madam.

Here is my “actions.py” file code-

from typing import Text, List, Dict, Any

from rasa_sdk import Action, Tracker
from rasa_sdk.events import SlotSet, SessionStarted, ActionExecuted, EventType
from rasa_sdk.executor import CollectingDispatcher

class ActionSessionStart(Action):
    def name(self) -> Text:
        return "action_session_start"

async def run(
        self,
        dispatcher: CollectingDispatcher,
        tracker: Tracker,
        domain: Dict[Text, Any],
    ) -> List[EventType]:

# the session should begin with a `session_started` event
        events = [SessionStarted()]

# any slots that should be carried over should come after the
        # `session_started` event
        print("Hi, I am Aayush")

# an `action_listen` should be added at the end as a user message follows
        events.append(ActionExecuted("action_listen"))

return events

Could you suggest, how you able to solve the issue.? Please reply