Using Rasa NLU to help convert text to SQL query

HI All …

I am trying to use Rasa NLU pipeline to build a natural language text query to sql converter . Currently following the below steps

1. Create a Pipeline in rasa nlu with ner crf and tensorflow intent classifier and train it on our domain.
  2. The domain currently is being trained with the training data generated with the help of chatito .
  3. Model followed to create queries is via categorizing them into simple,aggregated and group by query by determining there intent .
  4. Use the nlu parse api then to give entity and intent suggestions and use these to finally be able to generate the query . The intent say can be a findquery or a find order by query and entity extraction should give us terms such as table . field order param etc .

This so far is working well but I have certain question on how to train the model on the below complex situations

• What if user adds multiple find columns or group by columns like show me all apples where taste is sweet and sour . How can we use nlu to identify sweet and sour as where clauses for field taste ? similar to how a grammer parser could have done .

*What about queries that have aggregates … show me top 10 apples by price … here we need to identify group by clause and an aggregate … still possible I guess through training but can become complex it its show me top 10 prices of apples having region as Europe …

• Can we to ngrams entity extraction so say I have trained the model on a entity applename which is categorized as a field will apple name also be categorized as a field ?

and there could be endless possibilities pls I will need to train on all the entities and fields we have in our database universe .

Any suggestion and comments on our approach and how we can improve will be greatly helpful .

1 Like

I am also interested in this conversion. Have you find a solution?

HI @juvanthomas, @gauravbrills,

as far as I understand your request, the case is more about:

You have relational/corelational data in a database and want the user be able to query it by using natural language. If I am right here, this would be a perfect case for the newly introduced Knowledge Base Actions.

Did you check that? I am mentioning it, because it will solve your problem about the numerous possibilities to “form” a query by using natural language in a very intuitive way…

If you need help with it, feel free to ask.

Regards Julian

1 Like

Thank you @JulianGerhard . let me try that feature…