Using custom entities in nlu gives default fallback

• intent: provided_category/social_network examples: |
    • I’m looking for an [social networking]{“entity”:“app_category”,“value”:“Social Networking”} app
    • Can you help me with a [social networking]{“entity”:“app_category”,“value”:“Social Networking”} app?
    • I need assistance with an [social networking]{“entity”:“app_category”,“value”:“Social Networking”} app
    • Is it possible to create a [social networking]{“entity”:“app_category”,“value”:“Social Networking”} app?
    • I want to build a [social networking]{“entity”:“app_category”,“value”:“Social Networking”} app
    • Do you develop [social networking]{“entity”:“app_category”,“value”:“Social Networking”} apps?
    • Can you create an [social networking]{“entity”:“app_category”,“value”:“Social Networking”} app?
    • I’m interested in a [social networking]{“entity”:“app_category”,“value”:“Social Networking”} app
    • Could you build a [social networking]{“entity”:“app_category”,“value”:“Social Networking”} app?
    • I want to develop a [social networking]{“entity”:“app_category”,“value”:“Social Networking”} app
    • Is it possible to create a [social networking]{“entity”:“app_category”,“value”:“Social Networking”} app?

** This is my nlu data to get intent and to extract entity app category **

• story: User selects native app development steps:
    • intent: native_app_development
    • action: action_native_app_development
    • action: utter_native_app_development_selection
    • intent: android_development
    • action: utter_select_app_category_desc
    • action: action_set_slot_native_development_type
    • intent: provided_category
    • action: action_set_selected_app_category

this is my story

when I don’t use entity in nlu data the flow works fine but when i use the custom entity ( as provided above ) its detecting the intent correct but it does not continue the story and goes direct to action_defaul_fallback intent

[state 1] user intent: mobile_development | previous action name: action_listen
[state 2] user intent: mobile_development | previous action name: utter_mobile_development_desc
[state 3] user intent: mobile_development | previous action name: action_mobile_development
[state 4] user intent: native_app_development | previous action name: action_listen
[state 5] user intent: native_app_development | previous action name: action_native_app_development
[state 6] user intent: native_app_development | previous action name: utter_native_app_development_selection
[state 7] user intent: android_development | previous action name: action_listen
[state 8] user intent: android_development | previous action name: utter_select_app_category_desc
[state 9] user intent: android_development | previous action name: action_set_slot_native_development_type
[state 10] user intent: provided_category | user entities: ('app_category',) | previous action name: action_listen
2023-07-12 14:10:22 DEBUG    rasa.core.policies.rule_policy  - There is no applicable rule.
2023-07-12 14:10:22 DEBUG    rasa.engine.graph  - Node 'select_prediction' running 'DefaultPolicyPredictionEnsemble.combine_predictions_from_kwargs'.
2023-07-12 14:10:22 DEBUG    rasa.core.policies.ensemble  - Made prediction using user intent.
2023-07-12 14:10:22 DEBUG    rasa.core.policies.ensemble  - Added `DefinePrevUserUtteredFeaturization(False)` event.
2023-07-12 14:10:22 DEBUG    rasa.core.policies.ensemble  - Predicted next action using RulePolicy.
2023-07-12 14:10:22 DEBUG    rasa.core.processor  - Predicted next action 'action_default_fallback' with confidence 0.30.

this is the error I am getting , I have also check if the entity is correctly extracted or not attaching screenshot from api/model/parse request

I don’t have enough information to fully answer the question but you should consider changing the story to a series of short rules:

- rule: native_app_development
  intent: native_app_development
  action: action_native_app_development 
  action: utter_native_app_development_selection

- rule: android_development
  intent: android_development
  action: utter_select_app_category_desc
  action: action_set_slot_native_development_type

- rule: provided_category
  intent: provided_category
  action: action_set_selected_app_category

Thanks @stephens , I found the Issue in the story i had to use slot was set when provided category to make the story work.

@stephens The issue with the series of short rules is I don’t want the provided category intent to trigger in middle of the conversation or at the start of the conversation

@stephens Can you show me a way how can I add JWT auth when using rasa web chat ? currently anyone can access my bot using the socketurl which is hosted on okteto.