Use Rasa X with end-to-end stories

Hi! I’ve just added the following e2e story to my NLU data.

- story: What is your name, indirectly
  steps:
  - intent: what_is_my_name
  - action: utter_what_is_my_name
  - user: "and yours?"
  - action: utter_bot_name

I’m able to perform a training, generate a model and test it via rasa shell. Everything seems to work well, and rasa data validate says everything is ok but when I try to start Rasa X via rasa x --rasa-x-port 8080 --debug I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/joan/Desktop/VihrtualApp/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasa/cli/x.py", line 502, in run_locally
    domain_path=domain_path,
  File "/home/joan/Desktop/VihrtualApp/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasax/community/local.py", line 242, in main
    project_path, data_path, session, args.port, config_path, domain_path
  File "/home/joan/Desktop/VihrtualApp/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasax/community/local.py", line 169, in _initialize_with_local_data
    domain_path=domain_path,
  File "uvloop/loop.pyx", line 1501, in uvloop.loop.Loop.run_until_complete
  File "/home/joan/Desktop/VihrtualApp/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasax/community/initialise.py", line 382, in inject_files_from_disk
    username,
  File "/home/joan/Desktop/VihrtualApp/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasax/community/initialise.py", line 135, in inject_stories
    story_files, team, project_id, username
  File "/home/joan/Desktop/VihrtualApp/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasax/community/services/story_service.py", line 572, in save_stories_from_files
    await self.add_domain_items_for_stories(project_id, username)
  File "/home/joan/Desktop/VihrtualApp/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasax/community/services/story_service.py", line 865, in add_domain_items_for_stories
    await self._add_story_items_to_domain(project_id, username, story_events)
  File "/home/joan/Desktop/VihrtualApp/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasax/community/services/story_service.py", line 883, in _add_story_items_to_domain
    origin="stories",
  File "/home/joan/Desktop/VihrtualApp/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasax/community/services/domain_service.py", line 822, in add_items_to_domain
    self._add_intents_to_domain(domain, project_id, intents, origin)
  File "/home/joan/Desktop/VihrtualApp/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasax/community/services/domain_service.py", line 753, in _add_intents_to_domain
    set(intents) - self._get_retrieval_intents(intents) - domain_intents
  File "/home/joan/Desktop/VihrtualApp/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasax/community/services/domain_service.py", line 742, in _get_retrieval_intents
    return set([i for i in intents if RESPONSE_IDENTIFIER_DELIMITER in i])
  File "/home/joan/Desktop/VihrtualApp/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasax/community/services/domain_service.py", line 742, in <listcomp>
    return set([i for i in intents if RESPONSE_IDENTIFIER_DELIMITER in i])
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

Sorry, something went wrong (see error above). Make sure to start Rasa X with valid data and valid domain and config files. Please, also check any warnings that popped up.
If you need help fixing the issue visit our forum: http://forum.rasa.com/.

As a workaround, if I remove the e2e story then I can successfully start Rasa X and use the generated model (wich includes the e2e story). Any ideas about why Rasa X don’t accept end to end stories?

This is my setup:

Rasa Version      :         2.8.10
Minimum Compatible Version: 2.8.9
Rasa SDK Version  :         2.8.2
Rasa X Version    :         0.42.3
Python Version    :         3.7.11
Operating System  :         Linux-5.13.19-2-MANJARO-x86_64-with-arch-Manjaro-Linux
Python Path       :         /home/joan/Desktop/VihrtualApp/venv/bin/python3.7

Repo: https://github.com/joancipria/VihrtualApp

@joancipria Hello, why you are using double quotes?

- user: "and yours?"

remove the double quotes and try again please.

Ref: Training Data Format

Note: This is still in experimental feature

Thanks for the answer @nik202 ! Same error without double quotes. Rasa docs don’t use them but looks like they are supported (see this blog post).

@joancipria strange, can you try

- story: What is your name, indirectly
  steps:
  - intent: what_is_my_name
  - action: utter_what_is_my_name
  - user: | 
     and yours?
  - action: utter_bot_name

@joancipria can you even share me the stories.yml file please?

@joancipria do follow this doc link: https://rasa.com/docs/rasa/testing-your-assistant/ and keep an eye on the folder.