Unable to use rasactl

I just removed the old rasa-x installation thru pip, which was working fine for me, and replaced that with the new rasactl for my local development. Installation

However, when I’m in my rasa project directory and run rasactl start --project, I got a Error response from daemon: invalid IP address in add-host: "host-gateway"

And if I go back to the directory where the rei.sh script is and run rasactl start, I get a

Starting Rasa X 
Error: another operation (install/upgrade/rollback) is in progress

@ptn32 I guess when you deleting the rasa x, it was not deleted and or when you installing its not installed properly and you close the terminal or kill it or at the back end some process is updating and it was running so that’s why rollback/install/upgrade issue is coming.

Please try restart the system or start with fresh and follow all the commands mentioned here on the doc : Command Line Interface

The error message Error response from daemon: invalid IP address in add-host: "host-gateway" is probably due to an old version of Docker. See this: https://github.com/docker/cli/issues/2664.

Is your Docker the latest?

I reinstalled rasactl and other dependencies and the Error: another operation (install/upgrade/rollback) is in progress is gone

but I’m still getting the Error response from daemon: invalid IP address in add-host: "host-gateway" error from running rasactl start --project

I have Docker version 19.03.13, build 4484c46d9d, so I guess that’s the problem based on @HotThoughts comment then

@ptn32 Any updates? Is the problem still there after upgrading Docker?

Also, I created an issue in rasactl to prevent this situation.

The reason that this problem disappears when you delete the conversations table is because the previous conversation doesn’t exist and so it doesn’t try to re-create the last conversation. and i was having some issues in it.