Unable to install rasa with python 3.10

When I try to install rasa am getting the following error

WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x0000027C059EA3B0>, ‘Connection to pypi.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/rasa/ ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement rasa (from versions: none) ERROR: No matching distribution found for rasa

Current System config

• python version : 3.10
  • pip version : 21.2.3
  • windows 10

Commands tried

• pip3 install rasa
  • pip install rasa

Thanks in advance.

rasa v2.x installation doesn’t support python 3.9 or 3.10 (rasa open source installation). Hopefully rasa v3.x will support it. Create a python virtual environment in python 3.8 or run in a docker container.

Hi @srias and welcome to forum!

As mention my Enrique, rasa not support the python version 3.9+, for running rasa and rasa x you need to have python 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8.

Install Rasa Open Source using pip (requires Python 3.6, 3.7, or 3.8).

If you still need any support do let us know and we will solve together.

Hi @nik202 Thanks, I do not have admin rights to install, so it took time to install python version 3.8 Now am having pip version 19.2

Getting this below error

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement setuptools>=40.6.0 (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for setuptools>=40.6.0

Is it something due to pip version?

Hello!

Please do

pip install --upgrade pip setuptools
1 Like

Hi All!

Is there any update to this thread? Is it still not possible to run rasa with python 3.10?