Unable to install Rasa on a fresh installation of Catalina

I did a fresh install of Catalina and tried to install Rasa on my computer, but I’m getting an error installing a couple of dependencies (and hence, rasa). Can someone help?

Here are the details -

On doing

pip3 install rasa

I get this error towards the end -

Installing collected packages: setuptools, wheel
  Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Library/Python/3.7'
  Consider using the `--user` option or check the permissions.

You are using pip version 19.0.3, however version 20.1 is available.
  You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.

But I do have latest version of both pip3 AND pip installed. In fact, I have pip version 20.1.

I also tried the --user flag and I still get the same error.

If I’m installing rasa using a pip3 command, why does the pip version matter?

Also, here are the results for the version commands:

pip --version

Result:

pip 20.1 from /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pip-20.1-py2.7.egg/pip (python 2.7)

pip3 --version

Result:

pip 19.0.3 from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Library/Frameworks/Python3.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip (python 3.7)

How do I resolve this and get Rasa working?

if you don’t use virtual environment, you need to call installation command with sudo .... However, we recommend to use virtual environment: Installation

Hello @Ghostvv, thanks for your reply! I followed instructions in the Github issue here - Unable to install rasa on macOS Catalina 10.15.4 · Issue #5775 · RasaHQ/rasa · GitHub - to install it using virtualenv.

However, I’m running into another problem that I’ve described there. I’ll update the issue thread on GitHub, going forward.

I’m running into the same issue with:

ERROR: tensorflow 2.1.1 has requirement gast==0.2.2, but you'll have gast 0.3.3 which is incompatible.
ERROR: tensorflow 2.1.1 has requirement scipy==1.4.1; python_version >= "3", but you'll have scipy 1.5.1 which is incompatible.

even after changing line 48.

@developer123 This isn’t the same issue as the one mentioned in Github. Could you describe the steps that you did before getting this error? The more details you can provide, the better. I can try to reproduce this issue on my local and report.