sanic.exceptions.NotFound: Requested URL /webhook not found

I’m trying to recreate the joke-telling bot I saw in one of the Rasa videos made by Juste but I receive this error about the API call action:

Exception occurred while handling uri: 'http://localhost:5005/webhook'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\sanic\app.py", line 893, in handle_request
    handler, args, kwargs, uri = self.router.get(request)
  File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\sanic\router.py", line 407, in get
    return self._get(request.path, request.method, "")
  File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\sanic\router.py", line 469, in _get
    raise NotFound("Requested URL {} not found".format(url))
sanic.exceptions.NotFound: Requested URL /webhook not found
2019-10-04 15:40:50 ERROR    rasa.core.processor  - Encountered an exception while running action 'action_joke'. Bot will continue, but the actions events are lost. Please check the logs of your action server for more information.

This is in my endpoints.yml file:

action_endpoint:
  url: "http://localhost:5005/webhook"

What am I missing? I’m sorry if it’s something trivial, I don’t know a thing about webhooks.
Also, where are these “logs of your action server” saved on Windows 10?

Hey @ggabor, have u ran ur custom action server?

I don’t know what is a custom action server, so I didn’t run it. How many servers does one have to run beside the one what rasa runs automatically? I thought that one server was supposed to take care of it all.

I ran the action server on port 5055 while the bot runs on port 5005, the result is the same.

The custom actions part of the docs says:

And pass it to the scripts using --endpoints endpoints.yml .

Pass it to what script?

hey @ggabor, you need to pass the action server’s endpoint in the endpoints.yml file, check the below sample endpoints.yml file:

endpoints.yml (1.3 KB)

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Actually we need to run two servers one is Rasa server which is used for running the bot and second one, if you are using custom actions then you need to run the custom action server and if you want to run the custom action server make sure you have installed rasa-sdk.