Run Rasa Docker image on your Raspberry Pi

I found a couple of attempts to install Rasa on a Raspberry Pi on this forum, but none for a recent release. So I took up the challenge, and as a result I can finally announce a Docker image for the latest Rasa version on ARMv7. Download the image (currently 1.10.56) with:

docker pull koenvervloesem/rasa

I only tried Rasa’s demo app (see Rhasspy’s forum), and training is quite slow, even on a Raspberry Pi 4, so I don’t know whether this will be useful, but I’d love to hear feedback.

Development happens here:

You can find there the build script and patches I used to build the image.

This image stays as close as possible to Rasa’s official Docker image. The only changes are added pre-built wheels for TensorFlow and TensorFlow Addons (which I had to build myself), some extra dependencies installed and the user ID changed to 1000 to align with the pi user on Raspberry Pi OS (Raspbian).

2 Likes

Hi Koen,

Thanks for posting here and for your work on a Pi image! @JulianGerhard @btotharye

Greg

Really thanks for building this docker image.

I have encountered an error when I trying to docker-compose up -d

ERROR: pull access denied for rasa, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied

I have tried to docker login and run the command again, but it result the same error.

Thanks

My bad. It works perfectly now. I just realised that it is using rasa 1.10.10 now, so after changing the version from 1.10.5 to 1.10.10 in docker-compose.yml, it works.

Hey all, if you’d like to run Rasa 3.5.10 on your Raspberry Pi check out my post