Reproducible Examples to Migrate Data

tobias
(Brock Tibert) #1

I believe that I understand the bot training concepts, but I was hoping to migrate user data to a server (or local dev) to create a workflow. That said, while I can see the raw data generated in both SQL (sqlite) and via documents in Mongo, the training documents generate failed tests when I attempt to port the code in both cases. Do we have documented examples/repos where the migration scripts in python actually work?

The error is ambiguous and not easy to debug.

Migrate Data from sqlite backend trackerstore
(Tobias Wochinger) #2

when I attempt to port the code in both cases

Which code are you porting?

Do we have documented examples/repos where the migration scripts in python actually work?

I will work on fixing the migration script here Migrates a Rasa tracker store (Redis, Mongo, SQL) to Rasa X. · GitHub asap.

(Brock Tibert) #3

So I realized that if I use the SQLite tracker store, I can just rename that database to be tracker.db before I start rasa x. It seems to work ok, and I am not sure if the bugs in the interface are related to the fact I am not using the migration script or the interface itself. Regardless, at least I am moving in the right direction.

(Brock Tibert) #4

And to follow up on this, following the process of talking to the bot in production, exporting the sqlite tracker store, renaming it to tracker.db, and loading rasa x from that path, it seems like the conversations load intermittently. Sometimes they show up right away when I spin up rasa x, other times, I feel like they “eventually” show up, and other times, the new conversations do not show up. It feels like a bug in rasa x, and can record a video showing how to reproduce this if it helps.

(Tobias Wochinger) #5

That’s not the intended way of doing that since there is also the Rasa X database which has to be filled. Did you try the fixed migration script?

(Brock Tibert) #6

I did, thanks for following up. Posted a follow up on the gist with the error from a SQLite backend.

(Tobias Wochinger) #7

ok, will have a look later :slight_smile:

(Brock Tibert) #8

I would like to “close” this, or mark as resolved, but I do not see an option to do that. For future users, the current version of this script worked great.