Rasa Webchat - latest rasa version?

Hi everyone,

I’m using rasa webchat (GitHub - botfront/rasa-webchat: A feature-rich chat widget for Rasa and Botfront) for the frontend of my chatbot. Currently, I’m using rasa 2.5.0, because I remember having trouble with higher versions of rasa when using rasa webchat. Is anyone else familiar with it, and do you know if it works with the latest rasa version? If anything, what is the most recent rasa version that you could work with?

Thank you!

@Beyza can share on which rasa open-source version you are facing the rasa-webchat/botfront issue, I also faced some Sanic and SocketIO issues on the latest version of ROS i.e 3.0.2 but with some version update, it is working fine. My machine is Mac Book Pro and other Windows machines users also successfully overcame the issue.

I had problems with the buttons not showing up.

Thanks for your reply! When I had issues, I was using rasa 2.8.x, but I don’t recall the exact errors I had (I could not get it to work anymore at all). I only remember that when I downgraded the rasa version, it worked fine. With my current version (2.5.0), I actually recently faced both Sanic and SocketIO errors as well, but I managed to fix it with version changes. I’m working on a Windows machine.

But since it works on 3.0.2 for you, maybe I could try a higher rasa version again in a different environment to see if it works for me as well. I just had to make sure that it works at all before putting in the effort.

Which rasa version were you using?

Try this one, this one worked 100% for the version I’m using. Her problem is that I still haven’t managed to initialPayload

1 Like

@Beyza This repo GitHub - botfront/rasa-webchat: A feature-rich chat widget for Rasa and Botfront and code is working on 2.x any version without an issue but when it comes to 3.x it have some sanic version issue. I have 3 machines Mac, Windows,s and Ubuntu, and it’s working well. If you have any further issues please do let me know, else can I request to close this thread as a solution. Good Luck!

1 Like

Hi @nik202

I get errors for sanic as well, and had the hope that you could maybe tell me how you solved this issue… I use Rasa 3.1 and use the botfront webchat via the html script with the version 1.0.1. This is the error traceback I get:

[2022-08-19 03:41:14 +0200] [31038] [ERROR] Exception occurred while handling uri: 'ws://localhost:5005/socket.io/?EIO=4&transport=websocket&sid=L6wwcOrO4wh9TswaAAAA'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "handle_request", line 124, in handle_request
sanic.exceptions.ServerError: Invalid response type None (need HTTPResponse)
[2022-08-19 03:58:27 +0200] [31038] [ERROR] Exception occurred while handling uri: 'ws://localhost:5005/socket.io/?EIO=4&transport=websocket&sid=EZtJtJLaxnkSptCBAAAC'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "handle_request", line 124, in handle_request
sanic.exceptions.ServerError: Invalid response type None (need HTTPResponse)

Thank you in advance!

@LindaA please do check this thread maybe this will help you or there are my other solutions in context of this error on forum, you need to search it : Fail to load webchat bot on webpage using ngrok - #24 by nik202

Hope this will solve your issue and do update me @LindaA

Hi @nik202, I did not manage to resolve it yet. But if I do I give you an update. Thank you! :slight_smile:

No worries @LindaA do update me for my knowledge, please.

Hi all,is there any tutorial that can describe how to host the widget script in our own server?