Rasa stop words

Hello community! So i have a question , i am developping a chatbot that can answer user’s questions, and for business matter i had to give the bot a name let’s say for example “Bob” , and i have many forms of questions such as : Bob, whag is the weather today ? Or “Bob, what’s the date today?” … and other questions such as " who is Bob ?" Or " which questions is Bob capable of answering to?" . So i want to know , in the first examples i think the name “Bob” here could considered as stop word since it’s not relevant in detecting the intent , but in the second examples i think the name “Bob” is an important word here since the question is about who is “Bob” . How can I distinguish between these two cases ?

It’s not necessary to include the name “Bob” in the first type of question, the users could simply ask “What is the weather today?” for example.

1 Like

@anojl I guess you mistaken regarding stop words and general words in NLP. Let me clear please.

A Stop words are a set of commonly used words in a language.

Examples of stop words in English are “a”, “the”, “is”, “are” and etc. Stop words are commonly used in Text Mining and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to eliminate words that are so commonly used that they carry very little useful information.

The one you saying is just a word the Bob (Chatbot Name). What ever you will train it will return the same response for the user.

For example:

Bob: Hi, my name is Bob! How can I help you today?

User: Hello Bob, What is weather outside?

Bob: Today weather is sunny and temperature is 12 Degree.

User: Bob are you a bot or human?

Bob: Do you have doubt? I am bot.

User: What helps you can provide to me.

Bob: I can help you with the following options ( he can show a menu as you design)

The above mentions example can be archived whilst creating the intent and with respect to intent the response/answers in domain.

The word bob is just a word in NLP it nothing related to Stopwords in NLP. You can use any words such as Joe Biden, Rasa, Anojl, Ano etc. It will not count as stopwords :slight_smile:

I hope it clear your doubt.

1 Like

Yeees you made it very clear , thank you for the explanation

@anojl can you close this thread as a solution for others? Thanks