Rasa Slack Channel

Has there been any consideration for a Rasa Slack channel or regularly scheduled live Rasa online dev support discussions/presentations?

The Amazon Alexa team runs a weekly scheduled developer Q&A session on a Twitch channel. Sometimes they do a 5 min presentation on a topic, news update or popular item from their discussion forums but it is mostly a time for devs to ask questions and one or more alexa dev team members to respond.

Even one of these a month on Rasa would be a great start.

7 Likes

Hi @stephens. Great idea and it’s something we will definitely consider! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Any news on this?

@Stephens Totally agree. A RASA Developer Slack Channel would be huge.

If you’re dubious, check out…

The Watson Developer Community

The WDC Slack Channel is a huge, vibrant community of 14000 - and an incredible asset for IBM. I’m a big fan of Watson Assistant, but it’s old tech next to RASA.

1 Like

I addressed this problem with the Rasa team during the workshop last month. Keeping a Slack or Discord channel would be really great and it would be really helpful for developers and I was told that the team was not planning to do something like this. But it would be really great!

1 Like

Don’t understand why they wouldn’t. Makes perfect sense to me.

1 Like

Hey @Da_Humaniser @navendu-pottekkat

Really appreciate that you share your feedback on this as it helps us understand what initiatives our community is looking for. :slight_smile:

I’d like to highlight that we now have a live Q/A session run by @rctatman on our Rasa YouTube channel. These sessions take place regularly each Wednesday at 6pm CET / 9am PST / 10pm IST.

There you can ask questions directly to the Rasa Team in a live format, about bot building and improving or deploying Rasa assistants!

You can check the the first session here which included our now Solutions Engineer and OP to this post, Greg @stephens :blush:

I hope this helps, and if you have any more feedback and ideas surrounding this topic we would be very pleased to learn more about it.

1 Like

The readme in the Rasa open source github repo https://github.com/RasaHQ/rasa mentions a recommendation to “Post a message on the engineering Slack channel”. I think the readme’s audience is the whole community of rasa code contributors, correct? (Not just Rasa employees.) Does this imply that there is now an open Slack channel/workspace?