Rasa Reminders

Oh no, I didn’t get a notification again somehow. So sorry for the very late reply this time round! Do you mean the response I get when I send a post request to rasa server if not how should I print it out for you to see? Thanks !

Also, I still feel it’s because:

1. User sends message to bot.
  2. Bot sends a request to rasa server with the message.
  3. Bot gets back a response, loop through the response and send the value/ content back to the user.
  4. If at this point of time, a RedminerScheduler was carried out and it utter_message(), there isn’t anyone who is able to get that response from rasa server since it is a 1 way traffic.

But yeah, let me know how do I show you the http request! Thanks for the help @erohmensing

*Just an update, I reread the docs and instead of using the rest webhook, I am using the callback. It seems like I am able to get the utter_message from the RedminerScheduler now as all the bot responses are sending to me!

@enzechua

Just an update, I reread the docs and instead of using the rest webhook, I am using the callback. It seems like I am able to get the utter_message from the RedminerScheduler now as all the bot responses are sending to me!

Wait so did this solve your problem? Or is the issue that they’re going to the wrong channel?

For the http requests, I mean for your front-end, e.g. if you have it connected with ngrok they give you a UI where you can see all requests hitting the server with their responses

Yup this solve my problem. So the issue was because I was using the rest channel and it was structure like a synchronous manner where I have to make a request to localhost:5005/webhooks/rest/webhook, and wait for the response from the bot. So by changing it to the callback way where I will send a request to localhost:5005/webhooks/callback/webhook, I was able to get back the response like an asyncronous manner!

Oh, yes all my request are hitting! Thanks again @erohmensing. I have a new question though at Disable form action in a custom action. Would be good if you can help me too !

Cool I’m glad you got it figured out! Good to know that the callback channel is helpful for this functionality. I’ve responded to your other question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I am also facing the same issue. I can able to see the scheduled message at Rasa X but I am not able to view it Chatbot Widget. I have also changed my channel from rest to callback.Here is my code

Thanks in advance

@Saranya96 Are you able to see if your code in /remind is being called? I don’t believe it will work to put it inside of an action like that, as actions are only called on /webhook.

Its not working as expected.

Right, I thought that might be the case. With the callback channel, you need to run a separate server that takes in the message and forwards it to your widget.

Had you got any solution @Saranya96 ?