Rasa NLU in python

Hey :slight_smile:

Im want to create a simple Rasa NLU with my training data in python. So I tried to follow the Python API Documentation and got, after a bit of trial and error to the point of trying to load the GloVe english md. So I downloaded that in my Virtual Environment and the linking was succsesfull. It gave me blabla, you can load this model with spacy.load(‘en’) so I changed my config file to language: ‘en’ and it tries to load it, but it seems to fail. Im running python 3.6 on windows, my error message is:

OSError: [E050] Can’t find model ‘en’. It doesn’t seem to be a shortcut link, a Python package or a valid path to a data directory.

I tried this for both the Code given in Python API and a simple spacy.load(‘en’). How can I link the Model in my virtual environment?

Thank you

Mo from Germany :slight_smile:

@Moji Run this command “python -m spacy download en” and then try

I would rather put the full path to your embeddings in the directory you have kept it

yea, i did all that and it was successful, but I dont really know why it doesn’t recognize it.

@Moji i guess spacy is incompatible with the rasa_core you have installed… If you are using rasa_core 0.12.4, do install spacy 2.0.0

im using just rasa nlu and i have spacy 2.0.18 (the newest)

install spacy 2.0.0 and then try

still not working. I got it to load the model by copying the meta.json file along with the whole stuff into the data folder. Now its stuck at another point:

File “”, line 674, in exec_module File “”, line 780, in get_code File “”, line 832, in get_data FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘C:\Users\mmezger\PycharmProjects\RasaPython\venv\lib\site-packages\spacy\data\meta.json\init.py’

Is it possible to share the code

maybe you can just explain me how i sould theoretically do it.

I need to run this command as administrator on my win10 machine, otherwise it hasn`t enough permission to create the link to the model. It reports a success for the download even if the linking has failed.