Rasa_listen

Hello there , I want to my chatbot to respond initially by welcoming message when user hit on chatbot so how can i do that . like my step 1 should be utter_greet instead of action_listen .

any suggestions and help will be greatful for me …thanks

Hi @Beherasaptami,

how did you implement the interaction between the user and the bot? Did you use a Website with a ChatWidget, a Mobile version, … ?

Depending on the way one communicates with the bot, there are various ways to achieve, what you want. Most likely you want to trigger a greet intent by sending a first hidden input to the bot. This is a good way if your stories start with a greeting.

Sometimes it is even better to not use the bot for the first message rather than to simply show a message that leads the user to the first utterance.

As soon as we know a bit more, we could help.

Kind regards
Julian

Hey , I am using UI having chatwidget (code was written by GitHub - JiteshGaikwad/Rasa_CustomUI-v_2.0: Custom UI for Rasa)

Hi @Beherasaptami,

then why not using the send method that was already implemented by Jitesh and trigger it on show-up with a predefined message? This would invoke the bot to respond, displaying a first message in your chat such that the first message the user types in is actually the second message the bot receives?

Kind regards
Julian

Hey , can you share me the link of send method

Hi @Beherasaptami,

of course. It’s located here

function send(message) {
	console.log("User Message:", message)
	$.ajax({
		url: 'http://localhost:5005/webhooks/rest/webhook',
		type: 'POST',
		contentType: 'application/json',
		data: JSON.stringify({
			"message": message,
			"sender": "username"
		}),
		success: function (data, textStatus) {
			setBotResponse(data);
			console.log("Rasa Response: ", data, "\n Status:", textStatus)
		},
		error: function (errorMessage) {
			setBotResponse("");
			console.log('Error' + errorMessage);

}
	});
} 

I guess you could just give it a try!

Regards
Julian

2 Likes

thanks alot will try and let you know