Rasa integration with Mattermost Bot Account

Hi,

I’m trying to integrate rasa, running on my localhost:5005 with a Mattermost bot that was created by our company’s Mattermost Admin team. I’ve only been provided the botName and bot token and was told that the request for setting up any kind of webhooks would be rejected due to firewall issues. Hence, a bot account should basically be the best alternative that can act as both, incoming and outgoing webhook.

Nowhere in the Rasa documentation or in the community forum is there a topic raised or discussed regarding integration with Mattermost’s bot account approach.

I want to know what would be the keys needed in the credentials.yml file if going by the bot account approach. And how to make the integration work by getting a response back when communicating either in a public channel or using direct message.

I’ve been trying to find for a solution since many days, please any help would be much appreciated.

Note: I was able to POST a message as bot using curl and the bot Bearer token.

curl -i -X POST -H ‘Content-Type: application/json’ -d ‘{“channel_id”:<channel_id>, “message”:“This is a message from a bot”, “props”:{“attachments”: [{“pretext”: “Look some text”,“text”: “This is text”}]}}’ -H ‘Authorization: Bearer <bot_token>’ https://mattermostchannel.example.com/api/v4/posts

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You and me both buddy! I have no luck setting up bot with rasa either. Documentation has keys for webhook, and i tried keys for user account but i cant communicate with rasas bot through mattermost bot.