Rasa action server and duckling not running via docker compose

Hi @nik202 , I have recently started to develop a chatbot using rasa and currently I am trying to talk to a bot using docker compose. I have set up a docker compose file, a docker file in the main folder and a docker file in the action folder. I have made sure that the action-server defined in the docker compose is same in the endpoints.yml file and followed the solution at- Unable to run Duckling server using docker-compose - Rasa Open Source - Rasa Community Forum.

When I run the docker compose file, the duckling, rasa server and action server starts but when I try to talk to the bot, the first error is “Failed to connect to duckling server” and also all the “action session” fails to start.

docker-compose.yml (772 Bytes) Dockerfile (255 Bytes) Dockerfile_Action (214 Bytes)

Error on starting shell is: ‘’’ ERROR rasa.core.actions.action - Failed to run custom action ‘action_session_start’. Couldn’t connect to the server at ‘http://action-server:5056/webhook’. Is the server running? Error: Cannot connect to host action-server:5056 ssl:default [Name or service not known] 2022-07-13 16:43:48 ERROR rasa.core.processor - Encountered an exception while running action ‘action_session_start’.Bot will continue, but the actions events are lost. Please check the logs of your action server for more information. ‘’’

‘’’ ERROR rasa.nlu.extractors.duckling_entity_extractor - Failed to connect to duckling http server. Make sure the duckling server is running/healthy/not stale and the proper host and port are set in the configuration. More information on how to run the server can be found on github: GitHub - facebook/duckling: Language, engine, and tooling for expressing, testing, and evaluating composable language rules on input strings. Error: HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘localhost’, port=8000): Max retries exceeded with url: /parse (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f9d4c5ef490>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused’)) ‘’’

I am using Rasa version 2.2.9

Please give suggestions to enable my bot and let me know if any further information is required.

Thank you

@srishti why are you using 2.2.9 for any specific reason?

Hi @nik202, thank you for your reply. No specific reason for using rasa-2.2.9. I am trying to implement the bot from the git hub link: sumantas98/Financial-Services-Bot: :sparkles: This is an example chatbot demonstrating how to build AI assistants for financial services and banking. (github.com) so, because of the requirements file, that version gets installed.

Hi, Please suggest me the solution… Thank you

Did you followed every instructions mentioned ?

yes, can you please check my docker files and docker compose file, there might be any mistake in them, that I could not find…Thanks

Can we discuss over quick call @srishti do let me know. I have 30 mins. Thanks.

Hi @nik202 , yes sure, just saw your reply.

Hi going in meeting but will message after 30min so be active ok @srishti

ok sure, yes, thank you

@srishti hope this thread helped you to archive your solution Dockerizing my rasa chatbot application that has botfront - #11 by nik202

I also have the same problem.