Questions when training a bot freshly migrated to 2.x

I’m scratching my head on a couple of interesting log entries when trying to train Rasa after freshly migrating it to 2.4.x. I was hoping if someone could help me with them.

I have the following setup. Note that this is a very basic setup, and mostly NLU focused with only a few stories -

rasa - 2.4.3
rasa-sdk - 2.4.1
No Rasa X (yet)

Python 3.7.9 (running inside Docker)

I have one NLU file which was initially named nlu_converted.yml. I renamed this to nlu.yml. Same with stories and I have one file called stories.yml. I don’t have any markdown training files at all.

I got the following log entries for training through the rasa-interactive command, freshly after the migration of the examples to 2.4.3 -

2021-04-12 12:52:02 DEBUG    rasa.shared.nlu.training_data.loading  - Training data format of 'data/nlu/nlu.yml' is 'rasa_yml'.
2021-04-12 12:52:02 DEBUG    rasa.shared.nlu.training_data.loading  - Training data format of 'data/stories/stories.yml' is 'unk'.
2021-04-12 12:52:03 DEBUG    rasa.shared.nlu.training_data.loading  - Training data format of 'data/nlu/nlu.yml' is 'rasa_yml'.
2021-04-12 12:52:03 DEBUG    rasa.shared.nlu.training_data.loading  - Training data format of 'data/stories/stories.yml' is 'unk'.
2021-04-12 12:52:03 DEBUG    rasa.shared.nlu.training_data.loading  - Training data format of 'data/nlu/nlu.yml' is 'rasa_yml'.
2021-04-12 12:52:04 DEBUG    rasa.shared.importers.importer  - Added 13 training data examples from the story training data.
2021-04-12 12:52:04 DEBUG    rasa.shared.nlu.training_data.loading  - Training data format of 'data/nlu/nlu.yml' is 'rasa_yml'.

Why is my training format for stories.yml ‘unk’? Does it mean ‘unknown’ and would my training suffer?

Here’s what my stories.yml file contains -

version: "2.0"
stories:
- story: happy path
  steps:
  - intent: greet
  - action: utter_greet
  - intent: mood_great
  - action: utter_happy
- story: sad path 1
  steps:
  - intent: mood_unhappy
  - action: utter_cheer_up
  - action: utter_did_that_help
  - intent: affirm
  - action: utter_happy
- story: sad path 2
  steps:
  - intent: mood_unhappy
  - action: utter_cheer_up
  - action: utter_did_that_help
  - intent: deny
  - action: utter_goodbye
- story: say goodbye
  steps:
  - intent: goodbye
  - action: utter_goodbye
- story: bot challenge
  steps:
  - intent: bot_challenge
  - action: utter_iamabot

Weirdly, I also found a rogue intent called None with a non-zero number of training examples (there were 17 first, and after the first export through rasa interactive it grew to 23), but I couldn’t find this intent in subsequent log entries (under “Found intents”) or in my training files or in my domain files. Is this something to be concerned about?

One last question here. What does the following log entry mean? It’s non-blocking right now, but wanted to check if my training isn’t suffering -

Failed to write global config. Error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/.config'. Skipping.