Permission Problem - Rasa X Helm Chart Deployment on IBM Kubernetes Service

hey everyone,

while following this guide, I was able to deploy rasa x successfully on Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure. Unfortunately on IBM Services I am running into permission errors:

e.g.:

redis: “Can’t open the append-only file: Permission denied”

postgresql: “mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/bitnami/postgresql/data’: Permission denied”

rabbit “touch: cannot touch ‘/opt/bitnami/rabbitmq/var/lib/rabbitmq/.start’: Permission denied”

Has anyone seen this issue before? Any help is appreciated!

Hi @mackseb,

The reason why you have a problem with permissions is that containers run as a non-root user. You can find more information on how to solve this kind of issue in the IBM Cloud documentation.

https://cloud.ibm.com/docs/containers?topic=containers-cs_troubleshoot_storage#file_app_failures

Additionally here you have the link that might be useful as well: Read only error when creating a mounting a PVC in IBM Cloud Kubernetes - Stack Overflow

1 Like

hi Tomasz,

thanks for the quick response! I will have a look into your links and try if I can make it work!

I was able to solve the permission problem by using the following additional values in my values.yml:

postgresql:
  volumePermissions:
    enabled: true

rabbitmq:
  volumePermissions:

redis:
  volumePermissions: